Science in the Scrub at Western Sydney Parklands
- Sun Aug 13 2023
The popular event, Science in the Scrub, returns to Western Sydney Parklands to celebrate National Science Week with a FREE, action-packed family day full of science, discovery, and fun.
Let your curiosity guide you as Lizard Log Amphitheatre transforms into a pop-up village of scientific wonders at over 30 awe-inspiring stalls and activity stations. Meet real-life scientists, participate in hands-on experiments, get up close with native animals and look out for the incredible life-sized roaming dinosaur!
Other highlights include:
- Ask A.I Science Show - Can an artificial intelligence algorithm write a spectacular science show?
- Amelie Ecology Bee Song Show - Explore the curious ecology of soil microorganisms and blue-banded bees through music and song.
- John’s Reptile Awareness - Learn about venomous snakes and how to stay safe around them.
- Bugs About - Learn to love creepy crawlies at the live bug display.
- Australian Wildlife Display - Meet native furry, feathered and scaly friends at the wildlife display.
- Pop-up Ocean Lab - interact with marine life at a pop-up ocean lab.
You won’t want to miss the incredible line-up of experiences guaranteed to engage both adults and children.
With food trucks and plenty of picnic areas available, families will be able to settle in for a full day of entertainment and educational experiences that connect kids to nature.
Where: Lizard Log Amphitheatre, Western Sydney Parklands
When: Sunday 13 August 2023 | 11.00 am - 3.00 pm
For more information visit Western Sydney Parklands.
More Science Fun
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!