Science In The Swamp Returns To Centennial Park For Science Week
- Sun Aug 20 2023
The ever-popular Science in the Swamp is returning to Centennial Park for its 12th year in celebration of National Science Week. Meet scientists, participate in hands-on experiments, see live animals, join an A.I. Science Show and come face to face with a dinosaur at this FREE family day out.
Science in the Swamp is an interactive experience designed to ignite the kids’ imaginations. Jam-packed full of science, discovery and fun, let your curiosity guide you as Dickens Lawn transforms into a pop-up village of scientific delights with over 30 awe-inspiring stalls and activity stations.
Let your inner scientist run wild through hands-on, family-friendly activities and attractions including:
- Ask A.I Science Show - Can an artificial intelligence algorithm write a spectacular science show?
- Amelie Ecology Bee Song Show - Explore the curious ecology of soil microorganisms and blue-banded bees through music and song.
- John’s Reptile Awareness - Snake display and show including advice for staying safe around snakes.
- Bugs About - Learn to love creepy crawlies at the live bug display.
- Australian Wildlife Display - Meet native furry, feathered and scaly friends at the wildlife display.
- Pop-up Ocean Lab - interact with marine life at a pop-up ocean lab.
With food trucks, picnic areas and engaging activities the whole family will enjoy, you can enjoy a full day in beautiful Centennial Park.
Where: Dickens' Lawn, Loch Avenue South, Centennial Park
When: Sunday 20 August 2023 | 11.00 am - 3.00 pm
For more information visit Centennial Park.
More Science Fun
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!