Dig It: Unleash Your Little Builders at Australia❜s First Mini Excavator Park
Are your little ones fascinated by the earth-moving magic of construction sites?
Have they ever dreamt of operating their own mini-excavator? Well, hold on to your hard hats because we've got news that will make them jump with excitement!
Welcome to DIG IT, Australia's first-ever mini excavator park designed for kids!
An Outdoor Adventure with a Fun Twist
Nestled in the heart of Thunderbird Park on Tamborine Mountain, just an hour from Brisbane, DIG IT is all set to open its doors on 13 May, 2023. Yep, that's right around the corner!
Imagine your kiddos graduating from their backyard sandpit to the driver's seat of their very own mini-excavator! It's an outdoor adventure perched on a mountain famous for rocks and a place that's a family legend. It's more than just fun; it's a whirlwind of education, creativity, and teamwork!
More Than Just Playtime!
DIG IT isn't just about playtime. It's a treasure trove of activities designed to engage both children and parents (because who said grown-ups can't have fun?). As they embark on a two-hour unforgettable adventure, your little ones will learn about the construction industry, earthworks, engineering, building, and most importantly, safety and teamwork.
Nine magnificent Queensland-built CAT mini-excavators are the stars of the show.
Each DIG IT experience takes kids through a series of exciting zones and challenges:<
- Mini Excavator Digging: A hands-on experience where kids dig and move dirt and rocks under the watchful eyes of trained instructors. And at the end of each challenge, they receive an induction card, officially recognising them as part of the DIG IT worksite crew!
- The Dig Zone: Your kids can operate a 1.7-tonne excavator and learn the ropes of excavation.
- The Demolition Zone: Brace for a BANG as your kids topple the DIG IT towers with a mighty wrecking ball.
- The Croc Zone: Hook a croc with precision from a 1.7-tonne excavator. Talk about a real-life claw game!
- The RC Zone: Here, state-of-the-art remote control dozers, dump trucks, excavators and rear loaders mimic the thrill of a working construction site.
DIG IT puts safety first, with trained and experienced operators overseeing all the action. They provide all safety equipment, ensuring everyone has a brilliant time while staying safe.
Get your hard hats on! An exciting construction adventure awaits you at DIG IT!
Location: Thunderbird Park, Corner Cedar Creek Falls Rd & Tamborine Mountain Rd, Tamborine Mountain
Sessions Cost: 2 hours - $45pp
Find out more or book your spot on their website or call 1800 00 DIGIT.
Looking for More Exciting News?
Have you signed up to our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!