Fire Up at EDGE Festival Sydenham
- Fri Aug 02 - Sun Aug 11 2019
Sydenham is set to go dark across two wintry weekends of art and performance as the EDGE festival comes to the Inner West’s industrial heartland.
EDGE Inner West supports new works by artists, creative spaces and businesses in iconic places and creative precincts across five local regions.
Following the success of EDGE GreenWay in Lilyfield in March, EDGE is moving south to Sydenham and inviting people from across Sydney to get an inside look at the city’s industrial art base.
The first weekend features the popular Creative Trails, weaving around over 40 artist spaces plus guided tours, exhibitions, installations and street art, underground spaces, loads of live music and parties.
Weekend 1: Friday, 2 to Sunday, 4 August
- Opening night parties at Monster Mouse, Makerspace and Create or Die
- Creative Trails
- Parties and projections including SICKO, Hiccup and The WRAPPED Art Project
- Perfect Match street art
- Street theatre and pop ups by Matriark Theatre, Deep Sea Astronauts and The Side Project
Weekend 2: Saturday, 10 August
- The Fire Garden by Tortuga Studios
- Roller Derby demo from Inner West Roller Derby League
- ElectroSK8 skate and art performances
- Community day celebrations in Marrickville
- Heaps Gay after party at Red Rattler Theatre
When: Friday, 2 to Sunday, 4 August and Saturday 10 August
Where: Sydenham, Tempe, Marricville, St Peters
Tell them ellaslist sent you!