Auburn Botanic Gardens Turns Into Whoville This Christmas 2018
- Sat Dec 08 2018
- All Ages
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
After turning pink for the annual Cherry Blossom festival, Auburn Botanic Gardens will go green as it transforms into the Grinch's very own Whoville.
For one special night only, Dr Suess’ beloved Grinch will help us remember the true meaning of Christmas. After all, to quote the man in green himself, "Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more."
The event is free for all Cumberland Council residents which celebrates the giving back to the community mentality of Christmas!
Christmas in the Gardens celebration incorporates a Christmas light display, Christmas carols by local community groups, free rides and Christmas activities topped off with some great Dr. Suess themed foods and an open air movie screening of ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’ starring Jim Carrey.
What's On The Itinerary?
- Christmas Carols with Holroyd Brass Band - 6pm
- Christmas Carols with Cumberland Community Choir - 7pm
- Meet the the Grinch at the Grinch's Lair - 5pm to 9pm
- Grinch’s Disco Party - 5pm to 9pm
- Whoville Carnival rides - 5pm to 9pm
- Face Painting and Grinch Christmas Cookie Making - 5pm to 9pm
- Movie screening of the Dr. Suess classic ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’ starring Jim Carrey (Rated PG). The movie starts at 8.00pm at the Mt Crumpit Open Air Cinema Amphitheatre.
What's To Eat?
The Grinch has left his mark with food vendors offering a green array of spinach gozleme, lime slushies, pistachio crème brulee plus a whole lot more! Food vendors include: Authentic Turkish Gozleme, Cemil Erkan Ice Cream, Mate Burger, Pull'n Shots Coffee, Torch Me Crème Brulee, Your Sweet Memories Fairy Floss and more.
Where: Auburn Botanic Gardens, cnr of Chiswick and Chisholm Roads, Auburn
When: Saturday 8 December 2018, 5.00pm-10.00pm
Cost: Free to Cumberland Council residents and only $5 entry for everyone else.
- Auburn Botanic Gardens is a 5-minute drive from Auburn train station.
- Parking is available at the Gardens on Chiswick Road.
- In the case of heavy rain, this event may be cancelled. To confirm, phone 8757 9000 or visit the Facebook page.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!
Want More Christmas Fun? Here's Where To Find It:
- Where To Get An Awesome Santa Photo
- Best Xmas Events In Sydney
- Aldi's Boozy Advent Calendar
- Best Christmas Lunches in Sydney
Love our Content? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!