Star Wars Land Looks Outta This World
- All Ages
By: Phoebe Ackland, ellaslist
Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm have teamed up to create an authentic, life-like Star Wars world that you'll never forget. Star Wars Land is coming in 2019 to Walt Disney World and Disneyland, and new details have emerged that'll make you want to start marking off that calendar....
This "unprecedented" and "ambitious" project is said to be the grandest Walt Disney Imagineering project in history. Watch the spine-tingling video:
Source: Disney Parks
New Details Have Emerged
The concept for this new park was announced by Disney CEO Bob Iger back in 2015 at the Disney D23 2015 fan expo, and ever since, snippets of drool-worthy information have been trickled out, keeping fans as hungry for the park as the day it was announced.
Here's everything we know so far:
- The exact location of this Star Wars land is still a secret but is said to be in the Outer Rim- a remote town and trading port occupied by creatures of all kinds. Rather than a recreation of a place seen in one of the movies, as the video says, the new park will take place in a completely unknown land
- There will be a cantina serving up Star Wars-themed food and drinks
- Every part of the park is said to have a story to tell, likely inspired by the latest trilogy of films, beginning with 2015's The Force Awakens
- There could be Star Wars themed accommodation available- surveys are being done by Disney to see whether or not fans would pay the money for these extra special experiences
- Park visitors will get the chance to pilot the Millenium Falcon, in a personalised mission that changes based on your in-flight decisions. Based on available concept art, a life-sized Falcon will also have a home somewhere in the park
- Although details are scarce- the park experience is believed to put individuals right in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance. The park's slogan is "live your Star Wars adventure" in 2019, so it must be true. Digital Trends even reports that: "patrons will be able to build a reputation in Star Wars Land based on their experiences and decisions throughout their visit"
- There will be at least two At-At walkers- towering mechanical creatures that we can only assume, move. Check out the video:
Source: Disney Parks
More Concept Art For Your Star Wars Tastebuds
The next D23 expo is taking place in mid-July 2017, where a model of the park is rumoured to be on display. We're sure some more exciting details will be given to super fans over the weekend- so we'll keep you updated!
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review