Dive Into Swimming Lessons At COVID-Safe City of Sydney Pools
- Mums & Bubs
City Of Sydney Pools offer some of the best swimming spots in the city and they are back in action and ready for families to make a splash!
With the pandemic still lingering, parents have been understandably cautious about returning their kids to swimming lessons, however with the low level of community transmission, heightened safety guidelines and a cracking summer on the horizon, now is the perfect time to take the plunge.
Empowering children with water survival skills is paramount, however according to a report by the Royal Life Saving Society Australia, COVID-19 has had a marked impact on children's water safety development. Royal Life Saving Chief Executive, Justin Scarr, emphasises that “swimming is an intrinsic part of the Australian way of life, which means that lessons are not only essential, they are lifesaving.”
Water safety is just one piece of the aquatic puzzle, as swimming has far-reaching benefits for kids overall wellbeing, including improved fitness, confidence and endurance. Plus they are fun which gives kids a positive mood boost!
Health and safety have always been of primary importance when it comes to kids aquatic activities and now, in the age of Coronavirus, they are more critical than ever. Sydney of City Pools have swiftly adopted meticulous new hygiene and safety practises to ensure all their venues have the COVID-Safe tick of approval. These include:
- Check-in (for contact tracing) and temperature check on arrival
- Contactless payments at reception (i.e tap)
- Social distancing signage positioned around the pool
- Increased cleaning in and around the centre;
- Deep cleaning each night
- Regular cleaning of surfaces around the pool
- Increased pool water testing, and water treatment
These high standards have been implemented across the board to protect all of the community - even the smallest members! City of Sydney Learn To Swim programs are run by experienced teachers that have upskilled with additional training, so they can still deliver excellent lessons with maximum safety. Their key health measures for little learners include:
- Learn to Swim
- Minimal contact lesson delivery
- Cleaning of equipment between lessons (e.g boards, pool noodles etc)
- Covid Safe Marshall assigned during Learn to Swim hours
- Hand sanitiser stations positioned around the pool
- Limit of 5 people per swimming lane (25m and 50m)
- Capped capacity in splash pools (varies per centre)
- Only 1 parent / guardian per child, to reduce in-centre capacity and encourage social distancing
- All learners please arrive ready to swim
Plus, the more you do it, the better it gets! Feedback is proving that parents are feeling more and more confident attending pools with the new safety measures in place. Testament to that is the booming swim school enrolments that have increased for Term 4. Some classes are already hitting capacity and more are being added to meet the growing demand.
So not only will your kids have the water skills they need to be summer safe, they’ll be COVID safe as they learn!
Find out more about City of Sydney GOSwim Learn To Swim program and register your spot for Term 4.
More Cool Places For Kids
Have you signed up to our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!