The Most Popular Picnic Spots Near You Revealed
- All Ages
With warmer weather on the horizon, Australians are looking to get outside and enjoy all that nature has to offer. And what better way to do that than with a picnic?
Another bonus of dining alfresco is that your kids can actually get outside, run around and enjoy themselves instead of having to sit still or be pacified with an iPad or screen at a cafe or restaurant. Looking for dining options with a toddler? You'd better believe a picnic is your answer, and if you can do it in one of the best spots near you in Australia, then why not!?
Google search data has revealed that searches for 'picnic areas near me' have grown by more than 5000% in the last 30 days in Australia. Searches for 'picnic places near me' are also up 170%. Budget-friendly food box delivery service, EveryPlate, has revealed Australia's top ten most popular picnic locations, so you can soak up the summer sun and indulge in some alfresco dining. By analysing tagged locations on Instagram, the rankings have revealed Australia's number one picnic spot to be Centennial Park, Sydney.
Here are the full top 20, and we're happy to see so many spots in our own backyard.
Australia's Most Popular Picnic Locations
- Centennial Park, Sydney
- Burleigh Beach, Queensland
- Glenelg Beach, Adelaide
- Araluen Botanic Park, Perth
- Observatory Hill Park, Millers Point, Sydney, New South Wales
- Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden, Sydney, New South Wales
- Shelly Beach, Manly, Sydney, New South Wales
- Squeaky Beach, Victoria
- Himeji Garden, Adelaide
- Corin Forest, Canberra
- Gibraltar Falls, Canberra
- Sydney Park, St Peters
- Woolamai Surf Beach, Phillip Island
- The Mount Annan Botanic Garden, Mount Annan
- Ballast Point Park, Birchgrove
- Hyde Park, Sydney
- Wombat Hill, Daylesford, Canberra
- Thompsons Beach, Cobram
- Ringwood Lake Park, Ringwood, Victoria
- Blackwattle Bay Park, Glebe
Do you have a favourite family friendly picnic spot? Don't hold out on us, let us know in the comments below.
Want More Family Fun?
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!