Christmas Tree Farms in Melbourne 2023
Correct us if we're wrong, but we reckon that nothing screams Christmas quite like the scent of a real Christmas tree filling your home. The fresh pine smell combined with the aesthetics of a unique tree has us on the hunt for a real Christmas tree of our own this year, which means we'll be checking out these Christmas tree farms in Melbourne.
The majority of Christmas tree farms in Melbourne and beyond will start trading in November, but make sure you check each farm's website before starting your search to ensure their doors are officially open!
Christmas Tree Farms in Melbourne 2023
1. Melbourne Christmas Tree Farm
- Address: 319 Leakes Road Plumpton 3335
- Phone: (03) 8849 9500
- Opening hours: 7 days a week, 22 November to 23 December: 8 am – 8 pm. Their farm season kicks off on 22 November 2023.
- Price: $70 - $180 depending on size
- Delivery: yes
- Please note: Melbourne Christmas Tree Farm will also be running the Forest Green Christmas Market again in 2023.
Why we love Melbourne Christmas Tree Farm:
- Family-owned eco-friendly farm growing Pinus Radiata
- Only 30 minutes west of the city
- Biggest Christmas tree plantation in Victoria
- Melbourne Christmas Tree Farm will deliver your tree and then collect it after Christmas!
2. Moorooduc Christmas Tree Farm
- Address: 249 Mornington Tyabb Road, Moorooduc
- Phone: 0412 969 177
- Opening hours: 7 days per week. Weekdays 10 am to 8 pm, weekends 8 am to 6 pm. Their farm season starts on 25 November 2023.
- Price: $60 - $200 depending on size
- Please note: At Mooroduc, they ask that you bring your tree back after Christmas so that they can properly recycle it.
Why we love Moorooduc:
- Carefully tended to and trimmed year-round, meaning a diverse range of sizes are available, and quality is excellent
- Also sells stands, stars, and tree collars
- An affordable option for real Christmas trees.
3. Dandenong Christmas Tree Farm
- Address: 336 Brown Road, Officer
- Phone: (03) 59 431 750
- Opening hours: Weekdays 9 am-8 pm. Weekends: 8 am-7 pm. Their farm season starts on 25 November 2023.
- Price: $94 - $210 depending on size
- Delivery: Yes
- Please note: you can buy online from Dandenong Christmas Tree Farm if you cannot visit their Officer location.
Why we love Dandenong:
- Sustainably grown Christmas trees mean there will be plenty for future generations to enjoy too
- Radiator pine variety tree radiates pine perfection!
- Dogs on leads are welcome, and visitors are encouraged to make it a day out for the family
- Delivery and post-Christmas collection are available.
4. Ports Christmas Tree Farm
- Address 186 Belgrave-Hallam Rd, Belgrave South
- Phone: 0422 263 198
- Opening hours: Monday-Friday 10 am - 7 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 7 pm. Their season starts on 24 November 2023.
- Price: $65 - $175 depending on size
- Delivery: Can be arranged - contact [email protected]
- Please note: Ports Christmas Tree Farm offer 5 ft - 12 ft trees, so you're guaranteed to find one that's the perfect size for your space.
Why we love Ports Farm:
- Well-priced trees in a variety of sizes
- Plenty of space for a picnic on-site, making it a great day out for the whole family, dogs on leash included!
- Can also purchase tree stands.
5. North Pole Christmas Tree Farm
- Address: 1000 Old Sydney Rd, 3753 Beveridge
- Phone: 0418 337 802
- Opening hours: 9 am to 5.30 pm daily. Their season starts on 18 November 2023.
- Price: Prices start at $35 for a 3ft tree and go up from there
- Delivery: No
- Please note: North Pole Farm is a popular pick among locals, so make sure you get in early to secure your tree!
Why we love North Pole Farm:
- Plenty of family-friendly activities, including tractor rides for the kids
- Wine tasting, sausage sizzle, and dessert stand onsite
- Gorgeous quality and affordability make it one of the most popular Christmas tree farms in Melbourne.
6. Somerville and Peninsula Christmas Tree Farm
- Address: Corner of Frankston-Flinders Road and Oneills Road, Somerville, and 61A Lower Somerville Road, Somerville
- Phone: 03 5977 5577
- Opening hours: 7 days a week, both locations are open 9 am - 6 pm. Their season starts on 23 November 2023.
- Price: Various depending on size
- Delivery: Yes
- Please note: if you can't make it out to the farms, Somerville and Peninsula Christmas Tree Farms offer a delivery service—simply tell them what size tree you'd like, and they'll make sure it gets to you.
Why we love Somerville and Peninsula Farms:
- Three generations have run these Christmas tree farms in Melbourne
- Plenty of family-friendly entertainment for the kids, including Santa sleigh rides
- Monterey Pine variety
- Netting is available to help you get your tree home safe
- Take the trees back to recycle after Christmas.
- Address: Online at floraly.com.au
- Opening Hours: 24/7, available for delivery from 20 November 2023
- Cost: The Floraly Tiny Christmas Tree is $95
Why we love the Floraly Tiny Christmas Tree:
- This cute, fresh Christmas tree is very small, but it comes with soil, fairy lights, batteries, baubles, a tree-topper, and a pop-up pot, making it oh-so cute!
- Your tiny tree can be re-planted to keep growing and living until next Christmas and beyond. It comes with care instructions.
- The Tiny Christmas Tree is delivered in a lovely, bespoke gift box.
- Floraly is a boutique floristry sourcing the freshest flowers, minimising waste, and supporting local flower growers.
Want More Christmas Festivities?
Have you signed up to our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!