Walk Safely to School Day
- Fri May 22 2015
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Walk Safely to School Day (WSTSD) is an annual, national event when all Primary School children will be encouraged to walk and commute safely to school. It is a Community Event seeking to promote Road Safety, Health, Public Transport and the Environment.
The objectives of WSTSD are:
-To encourage parents and carers to walk to school with primary school age children and reinforce safe pedestrian behaviour.
- To ensure that children up to 10 years old hold an adult’s hand when crossing the road.
- To promote the health benefits of walking and help create regular walking habits at an early age.
- To help children develop the vital road-crossing skills they will need as they become mature pedestrians.
- To reduce the car dependency habits that are being created at an early age and which will be difficult to change as children become adults.
- To promote the use of Public Transport.
- To reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles.
- To reduce the level of traffic congestion.
Families and schools can get involved in a number of ways. So get yourself organised and walk the kids to school on May 22 which will benefit everyone in the family as well as our precious environment!
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review