The St Ives Medieval Faire 2018
- Sat Sep 22 - Sun Sep 23 2018
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Travel back through time at the fifth annual St Ives Medieval Faire this September, as Sydney’s St Ives Showground is hay-strewn and hand-forged into a fully immersive, accurate recreation of daily life in Medieval Europe.
On Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 September, the King calls on all loyal subjects to embark on an unforgettable adventure to Sydney’s northern lands, where, amongst thick forests, lies a most captivating world of grand tournaments, brave knights, fearsome Vikings and lavish food. Attracting over 20,000 people from across Australia annually, this two-day is the nation’s premier medieval history event, held in high regard amongst medieval re-enactors for its historical authenticity.
Europe’s best journey to Australia to fight for glory in World-Renowned Jousting Tournament!
Over 350 Living History Re-enactors from all around Australia will journey to St Ives to set up fully interactive encampments, giving the public the opportunity to walk through and immerse themselves in seven centuries of history: the Vikings, Byzantines, Crusades, the Hundred Years War, the Wars of the Roses and into the 17th C.
Dress Code: The general public are strongly encouraged to come in costumes appropriate to medieval times.
- International Solid Lance Jousting Tournament
- Jousters from across Europe compete in full armour on horseback
- Birds of Prey demonstrations, Archery displays
- Australia’s only Giant Trebuchet catapault
- Mead; and Special Edition Ales custom-made for the Faire by Two Birds Brewing
- Medieval Feast featuring authentic medieval food
- Costume competitions, bonfires, live music, workshops and artisans market
- Lots of fun kids’ activities
Where: St Ives Showground, 450 Mona Vale Rd, St Ives
When: Saturday 22 ad Sunday 23 September 2018
Cost: $45 Adult (One Day)
$18 Child (One Day)
$99 Family 2 Adults 2 Children (One Day)
For more information, please see Facebook page or visit the website.
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review