Sydney Lunar Festival 2022: Year of the Tiger Drawing Competition
- Thu Aug 19 - Mon Sep 13 2021
The City of Sydney is inviting budding young illustrators aged 5 to 12 years to enter their best tiger drawings to be showcased as part of the Sydney Lunar Festival.
From 29 January to 13 February 2022, the Sydney Lunar Festival will be celebrating the Year of the Tiger.
Selected illustrations will be part of a major marketing campaign for the 2022 Sydney Lunar Festival.
Celebrating the unique viewpoint of Sydney’s young people, the illustrations will be displayed throughout the city on its street banner network, bus shelters, billboards and other advertising channels.
6 winning designs will be selected with each winner to receive a $150 gift card from Riot Art & Craft.
Drawings should be fun and playful and featuring Tigers that are:
- Celebrating the Lunar New Year and holding a lucky red envelope or a lantern
- Hungry and eating your favourite Asian dish – think noodles, sushi or dumplings
- Thirsty – drinking a bubble tea or sipping from a coconut
- Performing – think anything from dancing to juggling or singing
- Happy and friendly – smiling, waving, poking its tongue out or laughing
- Fierce and strong – for example lifting weights or roaring.
You can enter up to 3 illustrations, choosing from the actions listed above.
How to enter
Entry is easy. You can submit a smartphone photo of each illustration online.
The tiger drawing must be drawn in portrait orientation. A3 paper is preferred but A4 is acceptable.
Keep the original drawings in a safe place. Selected drawings will need to be posted to us.
Entries close at 5pm Sydney time on Monday 13 September 2021.
When: Thursday 19 August to Monday 13 September 2021
For further information, visit the City of Sydney website.
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!