Stories And Suprises At The State Library - CLOSED
- Thu Feb 27 - Mon Jun 01 2020
- From $50 for a group of 10
In the best interest of the health and safety of all their valued visitors, The State Library has temporarily closed as a precautionary measure to help minimise the risk of COVID-19.
Are you in a parents’ group? Stories and Surprises is a perfect week-day excursion for playgroups and pre-schools … all you need is a group of 10 kids!
During this fun-filled program, you will explore the Library and engage with the collections in a fun, age appropriate way. It’s the best kind of show-and-tell!
There are four ‘adventures’ to choose from. You will get to explore different parts of the library, listen to stories and create fabulous craft to take home.
Workshop themes are:
- In the Night - Pick up a torch and explore the AMAZE gallery. Join us to share stories about night-time and create 'glow in the dark' craft.
- Pretty Patterns - Spots and dots, shapes and stripes…search for patterns in the Library and make some of your own with interesting materials.
- A Day on the Water - Search for boats in our Paintings from the Collection exhibition. Stay a while to share some fishy stories and craft.
- Cat Capers - There's a cheeky cat hiding in the Library - can you help us find him?
This is a great way to introduce children to the magic of books and the extraordinary collections of Australia's oldest and most loved library – in the heart of Sydney.
After the 45-minute excursion, be sure to visit our new Children’s Library or hang out in the Family Room – designed with under 5s in mind.
With the gorgeous Royal Botanic Gardens on our doorstep, why not make a day of it!
Bookings are essential: https://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/
Where: State Library of NSW, Corner of Macquarie Street and Shakespeare Place
When: Select your preferred date on their website, Duration 45 minutes
Cost: From $50 for a group of 10 - Suitable for 3 - 5 year olds and their carers
For more information, visit their website.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!