South Eveleigh Street Party: A Colourful Celebration of Culture and Community
- Thu Oct 05 - Fri Oct 06 2023
- Free entry. Some events are ticketed.
Get ready to party, Sydney! The inaugural South Eveleigh Street Party is coming to town for a huge celebration that will showcase the colourful spirit of the community.
Over two jam-packed days, South Eveleigh will transform into a vibrant cultural festival bursting with a dynamic blend of cultural experiences for all ages, with headline acts and a line-up of Sydney’s best chefs, musicians, and restaurants, plus a special kids program, as Locomotive Street, The Eveleigh, and Village Square are woven into an unparalleled tapestry of music, food, art, design, dance, and play for the event.
Locomotive Street is the heart of Street Party with giant inflatable tentacles extending from the buildings onto the street and local First Nations artists MadWings creating an urban canvas with their chalk artistry.
There will be a dynamic disco that promises electrifying dining and dancing at the Celebrated regenerative bar, Re, and Lucky Kwong, led by South Eveleigh Ambassador and Celebrity Chef Kylie Kwong, will host exclusive festival offerings including an evening dining experience.
Next up on the hitlist is The Eveleigh, which will undergo a musical transformation with two nights of captivating performances, spanning from kids' entertainment through to hits for adults, from all-ages pilates to classical jazz crooner Donny Benet. Don't miss the kids' rave!
Village Square is the place to be for families with little ones. The festival haven will be a hub of kids' creative activities and entertainment including:
- A Weaving and Cultural Conversation workshop for families to connect with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts & cultures
- Deep Sea Astronauts will transport kids to imaginative worlds through immersive roving performances
- Village Square Retrosweat will introduce kids to the iconic 1980s freestyle aerobic workout
- Sydney Swans AFLW player Aliesha Newman will host a meet and greet for sports fans
- An action-packed kids' boxing session with Tribal Warrior
- The newly-opened Anita Gelato South Eveleigh invites you to collaborate on a community mural whilst enjoying delicious, freshly made gelato.
Plus, The Rooftop Garden will host ticketed 'Potting Shed' sessions, where families can take a tour of the green space, participate in a workshop on native plants, and join a hands-on potting class. Little green thumbs can take home their own seedling pot to nurture!
The festival marks a significant milestone that will see the historic site reimagined as a dynamic cultural destination with a diverse lineup of experiences from Sydney’s top chefs and musicians to engaging kids' programs. Don't miss this exciting first-of-its-kind event.
Where: Locomotive Street, The Eveleigh and Village Square, South Eveleigh
When: Thursday 5 & Friday 6 October 2023 | 2 pm - 11 pm
Cost: Free entry | Some events are ticketed
See the full program and plan your visit to South Eveleigh Street Party.
More Spring Fun In Sydney
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!