Skateboard Into The School Holidays At Barangaroo This April
- Sun Apr 14 - Thu Apr 18 2019
- $20 + $3.95 transaction fee per booking
Just in time for skateboarding to make its debut in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, children aged 5 to 15 will have the opportunity to kick-flip their way into the world's fastest growing sport during the April school holidays at Barangaroo Reserve!
They will join some of the best skateboarders in Australia in a carefully curated ‘how to’ workshop led by coaches from Totem Skateboarding. Each workshop focuses on beginner skills and includes skateboards, helmets and safety equipment.
During the session, participants will preview Big hART's new performance, SKATE, as a part of their SKATE at the Cutaway residency, learn the proper safety gear set-up, and participate in a workshop full of tips, techniques and skate park etiquette.
Image: Telen Rodwell
Participants can expect to learn:
- Correct helmet and pad positions, and the importance of wearing the correct safety equipment
- Correct standing and stopping techniques
- How to control the skateboard, and how to make safe decisions while skateboarding
- How to practice safe skatepark etiquette
- Fun games to practice all of the above
Hero image: Daniel Boud
When: 14 – 18 April 2019; 2 Sessions per day—9.30am to 11.15am & 12.30pm to 2.15pm (105 minute session)
Where: The Cutaway, Barangaroo Reserve
Cost: $20 + $3.95 transaction fee per booking
Tell them ellaslist sent you!