Riverside Theatres Spot On(line) Children’s Festival
- Fri Sep 17 - Sun Oct 03 2021
- From: $6.00
Riverside Theatres’ Spot On(line) Children’s Festival goes digital with an epic program of school holiday fun from Friday 17 September to Sunday 3 October 2021.
For the tenth year, Riverside Theatres will bring you a full program of the best of children’s entertainment from across the nation and the world. This year the Spot On(line) Children’s Festival will be streamed straight to your living room.
The packed program features a fantastic line-up of entertainment, ranging across music, puppetry, circus and clowning, with live, participatory workshops on music-making, shadow puppetry and circus skills, as well as interactive watch parties where families can join the artists via a live chat for a special Q&A.
This year, the festival encourages children and their families to explore the world available to them right now. With livestreamed shows, online workshops and events focussing on making their own art, music and adventures just from what they have around them, they will see how magical experiences can be created within their very own home.
- The Box Show – in the hands of award-winning Junkyard Beats, ordinary household items are transformed into extraordinary musical instruments and unwanted junk comes alive in exciting and surprising ways. Ages 3+ years.
- Everybody Roar: The Best of Justine Clarke – Justine and her band invite families to sing and dance along with them to all her favourite classics. Ages 2 - 7 years.
- The Clown is Sad – a hilarious and deeply moving journey with the Clown, diving inside of ourselves and into where feelings are made, thoughts are born, and loneliness can be shared. Ages 2 – 8 years.
- Making Music with JoJo from Avocado Smash Workshop – an interactive musical workshop exploring the art of music-making with singing, body percussion, dancing and more. Ages 4 – 7 years.
- Spike the Echidna - told through the artform of contemporary shadow theatre, Spike is an interactive experience for the audience, with lively original music by Mal Webb. Ages 4 – 10 years. Workshop recommended for ages 6+ years.
- FoRT – an award-winning magical physical circus adventure for young people and their families. Ages 3+ years.
- Mountain Goat Mountain – an audio experience combining new technology and everyday objects with the ritual of theatre, the Threshold team open up the idea of transformative space in the family home. Ages 5+ years.
When: 17 September - 3 October 2021
Cost: Individual events on demand from $8
Live watch parties and experiences from $10.
Get 6 events with our All Access pass from just $39.
Discounts available for Riverside Theatres’ Members. No transaction fee.
To buy tickets, call the Box Office (02) 8839 3399 or visit Riverside Theatres' Spot On(line) website.
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!
Tell them ellaslist sent you!