On The Move Exhibition At Museum of Sydney
- Sat Dec 07 2019 - Sun Sep 20 2020
- From: $12.00
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Open Thursday to Sunday, from Thursday 2 July to Sunday 20 September 2020
The Museum of Sydney is home to another amazing exhibition the explores the world around us. Grab your tickets and enter an interactive transport installation created in collaboration with Australian illustrator James Gulliver Hancock. He has travelled the world reimagining cities, their buildings and people, and documenting them through his own unique lens. Obsessed with drawing, he never goes anywhere without his pencil!
In the On the Move Exhibition at the Museum of Sydney, you’ll discover fascinating facts about different modes of transport and types of vehicles. You can challenge yourself to construct a paper plane and see how it flies, and build a vehicle of the future to road test on a track. You’ll learn interesting facts about Australian journeys and inventions, and meet the people behind them. Inquisitive kids will love this fact-finding mission, finding out everything they've always wanted to know about how transport systems work in busy cities, and enviro-warriors can learn how the fuel choices we make can have a positive impact on the environment.
See what a long way vehicles have come since their inception, examining how vehicles have evolved over time and imagining how they might look in the future!
Transport buffs will love this inside scoop on all the ways we get on the go!
Where: Museum of Sydney, Cnr Phillip and Bridge Streets, Sydney
When: Ends Sunday, 20 September 2020
Cost: Exhibition is free with museum entry. Adult $15, Child / Concession $12, Family $38
Free for children under 3 years and Sydney Living Museums Members.
To ensure a safe environment for visitors, Sydney Living Museums has introduced the following measures to the exhibition:
- Visitors are required to pre-book into a one hour timed session to help manage visitor capacity
- Children will be given an individual kit of materials to use in the exhibition when they arrive at the museum
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry and throughout the exhibition
- The exhibition will be cleaned thoroughly between each session
- LEGO® and other re-useable pieces will be refreshed for each session to ensure hygiene standards are maintained
For more information and to book tickets, visit their website.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!