Ikea❜s Festival of Sleep at Bondi Beach
- Thu Mar 28 2019
On Thursday, 28 March, IKEA is hosting their first festival of sleep on the shoreline of Sydney’s iconic Bondi Beach a series of immersive sleep experiences.
The IKEA SÖMN [Sleep] Studio consists of free bookable events, dedicated to providing sleep solutions and inspiring the many Australians to sleep better and wake up refreshed everyday.
During the personalized sleep consultations on the day, there will be activities for the kids along with complimentary food and drinks. There are also 10 family passes to Taronga Zoo up for grabs for people that attend the Sleep Studio. Find out how you can be one of the lucky 10 on the day.
Events of the Day
- 7am – 9pm: FERMENTED, Bondi’s pop-up cafe promoting better sleep through improved gut health.
- 7.30 – 9am: Renowned author and Bondi local, Sarah Wilson get things started with a delicious breakfast & fermenting mastercleass.
- 10 – 11.30am: IKEA brings together sleep experts in the field of science, health and design, to uncover the truth about sleep. Panellists include: Dr Elise Facer-Childs (Monash University) whose research looks into the productivity of ‘night owls’ and ‘morning larks’; Dr Thea Brejzek (UTS) who will explore the future of sleep; and morning radio host Matt De Groot to share his insights into the impact of early morning radio.
- 1.30 – 3pm: (sessions 1.30pm, 2pm, and 2.30pm) A beachside high tea, creative activities for the kids and small group consultation with sleep expert Olivia Arezzolo, The Sleep Specialist. This will be followed by a personalised scent creation where guests can make their own aromotherathy pillow spray.
- 4.00 - 5.00pm: Students from the IKEA x UTS Future Living Lab will showcase and talk through their designs and research in an exhibition that brings to life the Future Bedroom.
- 6.30 – 9:00pm: Bedtime stories with Story Club - live story-telling from Zoe Norton Lodge, Ben Jenkins and Phil Spencer.
Where: North Bondi Surf Life Saving Club, Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach
When: Thursday 28 March 2019; 7am-9pm
Cost: FREE entry
For more information on IKEA SÖMN Studio and to book your place on the guest list, please visit the website.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!