Head On Photo Festival Launches In Bondi This Weekend
- Sat Jul 04 - Sun Jul 26 2020
Get your winter woollies on and head to the beach for an epic art and culture fix this weekend!
Australia’s leading annual international photography event, Head On Photo Festival, is launching an actual, physical exhibition this weekend on glorious Bondi Beach! It will be the first series of FREE open-air photographic exhibitions to take over the iconic promenade between 4th and 26th July 2020.
The six photographic exhibitions will incorporate contemporary fine-art, documentary and underwater photography to the tackle issues facing our natural world.
Photograph by Roger Hanley
Featuring the work of international and local photographers, highlights of the Bondi Beach exhibitions include:
- Australian photographer Matt Smith’s Untitled uses underwater photography to showcase the diverse marine life from Bondi Beach and the surrounding coastline.
- Award-winning German documentary photographer Robert Harding Pittman’s Coal Scapes questions the coal industry in Germany and the social cost of energy.
- Sanctuary by Australian photographer Ian Bickerstaff shines a light on the relationships developed between orphaned primates and their carers at a rehabilitation centre in Cameroon.
- Supernatura by Italian photographer Anna Belloni looks at the relationship between humans and nature.
- Medicinal Plant Cycles by Australian academic and artist Renata Buziak fuses decaying Indigenous plants and photographic materials to create images reflecting processes of the natural environment.
- Margin Walker by Australian photographer Roger Hanley examines the relationship between landscape, dreams and perception.
Main image by Matt Smith
Where: Bondi Beach
When: 4th to 26th July 2020
Tell them ellaslist sent you!