Grandparents Day at Elizabeth Farm Reserve
- Sun Nov 05 2017
Celebrate Grandparents Day on 5 November at Elizabeth Farm Reserve in Rosehill.
Bring your picnic rug and sense of adventure for this community picnic day taking place at Elizabeth Farm - the historic grounds of one of the oldest homes in Australia.
Celebrate the special role grandparents and older people play and the wonderful contribution they make to our community and their families by participating in a range of fun activities and workshops with other grandparents and grandchildren.
Grandparents Day will highlight the diversity of Parramatta, reflect on the Indigenous, colonial and recent migrant past through shared stories.
The event will conclude with historic film footage of early Parramatta taken from Council’s archives before a special twilight screening of the movie ‘Sing’ at 7.30pm that the whole family can watch together.
Cross-generational activities for children and grandparents
- Pop-up Library - story time performances
- Cupcake decorating
- Gardening - pot a plant and take it home
- Grandparent-themed colouring in
- Family history display – share stories about your life and experiences and view artworks compiled by children at Council’s Early Learning Centres
- Indigenous toolmaking display with Uncle Lex Dadd
- Heritage, Aboriginal and environmental games
- Arts, craft workshops – paint an umbrella and make a mask!
Activities for grandparents
- Line Dancing workshop and demonstrations from 3pm-5pm
Tour Elizabeth Farm House
Join your grandchild on a tour or wander around the beautiful and historic house museum and garden. Sydney Living Museums is offering a special two-for-one entry into Elizabeth Farm House, adjacent to all the activities, from 10am until 4pm. Enjoy delicious home baked Devonshire teas, coffee and treats. Families can purchase their tour tickets onsite.
$8 concession (child/seniors)
$30 for 2 adults and 2 children
Where: Elizabeth Farm Reserve, Cnr Arthur & Alice Streets, Rosehill
When: Sunday 5 November 2017; 2-9pm
For more information visit the website.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review