Be MedicineWise Week 2018
- Mon Aug 20 - Sun Aug 26 2018
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
The eighth annual Be Medicinewise Week from 20-26 August 2018 is encouraging Australian families to make good decisions about medicines, medical tests and other areas of health; equipping you with the knowledge you need to feel confident in your choices.
Medicines are part of most people’s lives, so it’s critical to have access to all the information we need about the medicines we, and our family members, are taking. No matter what type of medicines you or your family take, it’s important to know your medicines. If medicines aren’t used correctly, the results can be serious.
- An estimated 9 million Australians take prescription medicine every day.
- Each year more than 230,000 Australians are hospitalised with problems caused by their medicine.
- 61% of Australians have stopped their medicine without consulting a health professional or have not taken medicines as directed
5 Steps to Help Keep Your Family Medicinewise.
1. Ask questions of your health professional
2. Know it’s a medicine.
3. Know the active ingredient.
4. Always follow instructions from your doctor or pharmacist and read the labels and packaging of your medicines carefully.
5. Keep track of all your medicine.
Read more about medicines in our ellaslist articles below.
For more information, visit the website.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!