Scouts NSW: Where Kids Discover Adventure
Are your kids bored of the same old routine? Looking for a new way to get them out and active?
Scouts NSW gives young people aged five to 25 fun and challenging opportunities to grow through adventure.
From thrilling outdoor experiences to essential life skills development, Scouts offers a safe and inclusive community where children can thrive, build friendships, develop confidence and resilience and help create a better world.
There’s Something for Everyone at Scouts NSW
What can you do at Scouts?
At Scouts NSW you can:
- Go “traditional” – try your hand at bushwalking, camping and knot-tying
- Get vertical with abseiling, caving and rock climbing
- Experience the aquatic life with canoeing, kayaking and sailing
- Hit the slopes with cross-country skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing
- Take to the skies – learn to fly with Scouts’ fleet of Cessna 172s.
Scouts is not just about adventurous activities! Youth members also have the opportunity to pursue their own special interests, such as performing arts with our Gang Shows; STEM projects, including robotics and amateur radio; or helping create a better world, such as creating a food pantry for the community.
Want to Join Scouts?
With more than 19,000 members in 418 Groups across NSW, there’s bound to be a Scout Group near you.
Scouts NSW offers a FREE TRIAL for all new youth members, so you can visit your local Group and see what it is all about!
Each local Group offers something unique – our program follows a youth-led and adult-supported approach, so the members of the Group get to choose the activities that follow their interests.
With more than a century of history, Scouts empower youth to become future leaders through our unique and diverse programs.
Regardless of your age, there’s a place for you to belong and grow in Scouts NSW.
Scouts NSW Group Sections
- Joey Scouts – 5-8 – The Joey Scout section focuses on fun and friendship and is a gentle introduction to a world of adventures through Scouting
- Cub Scouts – 8-11 – The Cub Scout section focuses on exploring the outdoors, setting challenges and encountering new experiences
- Scouts – 11-14 – The Scouts section offers an amazing variety of activities designed to teach important life skills to get Scouts social and active
- Venturer Scouts – 14-17 – Venturer Scouts have the space to have fun learning and developing their own character at their own pace
- Rover Scouts – 18-25 – People looking to join Rover Scouts do not need any Scouting experience, just the ability to keep up with some adventurous people and their adrenaline-packed challenges.
But What About the Adults?
Scouts NSW also offers opportunities for adults to volunteer!
Volunteers are the everyday heroes of Scouts NSW and they’re the backbone of their organisation – shaping young people’s lives for the better, while challenging and finding out a whole lot about themselves in the process too!
Lots of our volunteers were Scouts themselves, but you don’t need to have experience to get involved! Their leaders and volunteers come from all walks of life, and all bring something unique.
To find out more about Scouts NSW, including the free trial for our youth members or volunteering opportunities, visit Scouts NSW.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!