How to submit a great event to ellaslist
Tips and tricks to get your event published on ellaslist
As Australia's best events website for families - we love to hear about all your family friendly events - from the hyper-local to the really huge spectaculars.
We really care about our audience and what we present to them. That's why over 250,000 parents use ellaslist every month to find great things to do. So it's really important that events meet all our criteria before we publish - and we review every one. Please allow at least 7 business days to have your event reviewed by our editorial team. If we think your event is awesome and relevant - we'll publish it, for free, in our daily events calendar.
What we class as an event
An 'event' is a one-off, and offers something unique for a limited time. It must have a very strong offering for kids and families and be open to the general public. It might run for an hour, an afternoon, day or over a couple of weeks. We love things like - Local fetes and festivals, concerts and shows, galleries and exhibitions, free workshops, exhibitions, talks and information days, fun runs, charity fundraisers (where kids can participate) and local community events.
Most of all - it's got to offer a great experience and have relevance for families. We reserve the right to publish, edit or not to publish any event that we don't think our audience will love.
Tips for getting your event published
1. Use the form. Submit your event directly using the form on our website. (PR releases are not accepted)
2. Write it in the 3rd person. "Bananas in Pyjamas will be performing a one-off free concert for kids in Central Park this weekend, it's open to all ages and no registration is required. They'll be food trucks on the day and free ice cream for everyone .........."
3. Give a great description. Include stuff that parents really need to know. Include age range suitability, what to expect on the day, why it's so great for kids and families, ticket pricing and how to book + anything else that's really helpful for getting to and from the event - like transport and parking.
4. Submit the correct sized image. The size is 730w x 411h. We accept photographic Images only, no graphic designs or logos or text. They must be high quality, and not too 'stocky'. You have a much greater chance of being published if you supply a suitable image in the correct size. .jpg and .pdf accepted.
5. Hit submit. Please allow 7 days for review.
Reach Extension: Because we all about hyper-local, your event will be published to an audience 5km from your event venue. It will display on the dates that the event runs. If you need to reach a wider audience, raise awareness, pre-promote ticket sales - we can help. Please contact the events team on 02 9130 4678 to discuss a wider promotion strategy.
Thanks for reading! Can't wait to hear all about your event. Love the ellaslist team.