The Perfect Easter Treat: Carrot Patch Brownies
- All Ages
By: Phoebe Ackland, ellaslist
It's not an Easter egg, but it's so cute we definitely think it deserves a place on your Easter dessert table. Check out these delicious carrot-patch brownies, that aren't all that tricky or time-consuming to make yourself. Thanks to Delish for the recipe!
Source: Country Living Magazine/Delish
Here's What You'll Need
- Cooking spray, for pan
- Parchment paper, for pan and baking sheet
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 10 drops Orange food colouring
- 12 wooden skewers, for dipping
- 12 large strawberries
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- 1 package oreo cookies, crushed
- Robin Eggs candies, for garnish
Here's What To Do
- Preheat oven to 175°C and spray the inside of a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick has moist crumbs, 28 to 30 minutes, then let cool.
- Make orange frosting: In a small, deep bowl, microwave white chocolate chips on high for one minute, stirring every 20 seconds to remove clumps. Add coconut oil and orange food colouring, then mix until combined.
- Make carrots: Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pierce each strawberry with a skewer and dunk the strawberries in melted orange chocolate, repeating to coat, if necessary. Place on lined baking sheet and refrigerate until set, 15 minutes.
- Make carrot patch: Remove cooled brownies and frost with chocolate frosting, then top with crushed Oreos. Top brownies with strawberries and garnish with Robin Eggs. Slice into squares and serve.
Courtesy of Delish.