The Perfect Easter Treat: Carrot Patch Brownies
- All Ages
It's not an Easter egg, but it's so cute we definitely think it deserves a place on your Easter dessert table. These delicious Carrot Patch Brownies aren't all that tricky or time-consuming to make, but look so good even the Easter Bunny himself won't be able to resist. Thanks to Delish for the recipe!
Here's What You'll Need
- Cooking spray, for pan
- Parchment paper, for pan and baking sheet
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 10 drops Orange food colouring
- 12 wooden skewers, for dipping
- 12 large strawberries
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- 1 package oreo cookies, crushed
- Small egg candies, for garnish
Here's What To Do
- Preheat oven to 175°C and spray the inside of a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick has moist crumbs, 28 to 30 minutes, then let cool.
- Make the orange frosting: In a small, deep bowl, microwave white chocolate chips on high for one minute, stirring every 20 seconds to remove clumps. Add coconut oil and orange food colouring, then mix until combined.
- Make carrots: Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pierce each strawberry with a skewer and dunk the strawberries in melted orange chocolate, repeating to coat, if necessary. Place on lined baking sheet and refrigerate until set, 15 minutes.
- Make carrot patch: Remove cooled brownies and frost with chocolate frosting, then top with crushed Oreos. Top brownies with strawberries and garnish with Robin Eggs. Slice into squares and serve.
More Easter Goodness
Have you signed up to our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!
Source: Country Living Magazine/Delish