Where To Buy A Real Christmas Tree Near Sydney
Every year, many of you want to know where to find the best real Christmas trees in town, so we've have put together a list of Christmas Tree Farms that are around one hour (or under) drive from Sydney. Can you smell the pine already?
Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, how lovely are your branches...
Dural Christmas Tree Farm
A trip to the Dural Christmas Tree Farm is a fun family day out
Address: 879 Old Northern Road, Dural
Phone: 02 9651 1010
Opening Hours: 9am - 6pm daily. The season starts on Saturday 14th November 2020.
Cost: Christmas trees are from $93 to $173+ depending on size
Please note: To comply with current guidelines, Dural Christmas Tree Farm has introduced a booking system to make the tagging process safe for all customers.
Why we love Dural Christmas Tree Farm:
- Beautiful live christmas trees and lovely customer service
- They will also be at CarriageWorks Farmers Markets (formerly known as Eveleigh Markets) on 5th, 12th & 19th December
- You can also order your fresh Christmas tree online and delivery and installation is available
- Santa is known to visit on weekends and his reindeer are often roaming around. There are also have jumping castles, sausage sizzles and cold drinks
- Dural Christmas Tree Farm is a wonderful family day out
Sydney Christmas Tree Farm
Address: 6 Namba Road, Duffys Forest
Phone: 02 9450 2027
Opening Hours: 4pm - 6pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. 9am - 5pm weekends. The season starts on Friday 27th November 2020
Cost: Christmas trees are from $85 to $170 depending on size
Please note: Customers now need to book an appointment online to come and choose their fresh tree at Sydney Christmas Tree Farm.
Why we love Sydney Christmas Tree Farm:
- You can pick and cut down your own Christmas tree. Tools are provided
- New this year, tree netting is available for $5
- You can bring the whole family to choose a fresh Christmas tree from the farm
Willy’s Christmas Tree Farm
Willy’s Christmas Tree Farm will have a plethora of fresh pre-cut Christmas trees to choose from
Address: 281 Windsor Road, Vineyard
Phone: 0458 653 555
Opening Hours:9am - 6pm daily. The season starts on Saturday 28th November 2020.
Cost: Christmas trees are from $90 to $350 depending on size
Please note: This year, people are not able to access the actual tree farm due to current restrictions. However, there will be available to choose from. Also, there are no EFTPOS facilities available at Willy’s Christmas Tree Farm.
Why we love Willy's Christmas Tree Farm:
- Passionate people with fresh, beautifully shaped, Radiata Pine Christmas trees
- The farm is only 20 minutes from Parramatta
- They have a netting service and you can purchase stands from them too
- They are officially registered as a COVID-safe business
- Willy’s farm is a family-run business and a great place to create memories with kids picking your own Christmas tree
Top 40 Orchard
Follow the signs to discover the Christmas Cottage at Top 40 Orchard
Address: 1755 Burragorang Rd Oakdale (near Picton/Camden)
Phone: 0429 300 474
Opening Hours: 3pm - 6pm weekdays and 9am - 5pm weekends. Open for Christmas trees from the last weekend of November each year.
Prices: Christmas trees start from $50
Please note: Top 40 Orchard is very popular with locals so you’ll often need to reserve larger trees in advance. Call ahead to ensure your ideal Christmas tree is available.
Why we love Top 40 Orchard:
- They have a Christmas Cottage with helpers on stand-by
- You can reserve trees early in the season then pick it up close to Christmas
- You can walk through the expansive plantation and choose your hand-shaped Christmas tree. The helpers will cut it down for you and carry it to your car
- Top 40 Orchard is home to stone fruit, berries, flowers and vegetables, apples, citrus, melons and pumpkins plus delicious homemade treats
Merlino’s Christmas Trees
Merlino’s Christmas Trees is a popular Sydney institution with growing fragrant Monterey Pines
Address: 260 Great N Road, Wareemba
Phone: 02 9713 2861
Opening Hours: 9am - 6pm on weekdays and 9am - 5pm on weekends. The season starts on Thursday 26th November 2020
Cost: Christmas trees are from& $70 to $250 depending on size
Please note: This season Merlino’s Christmas Trees are not taking pre-orders or bookings. Customers are encouraged to come in store to choose your real Christmas Tree and contactless delivery can be organised following purchase. Trees run out quickly so get in early or call ahead.
Why we love Merlino’s Christmas Trees:
- Though not technically a farm, Merlino’s Christmas Trees is an institution that’s been around for more than 50 years
- Merlino’s is located in Sydney's Inner West between Five Dock & Abbotsford
- They freshly shaped and cut Monterey Pine Christmas trees are top qualityand smell amazing
- They also have live potted Christmas Trees are living that will continue to grow beyond the festive season
- Netting is free when you make a donation to Sydney Children’s Hospital
The adorable fresh Floraly Tiny Christmas Tree is just under 60cm tall
Why we love the Floraly Tiny Christmas Tree:
- This cute, fresh Christmas tree is very small, but it comes with soil, fairy lights, batteries, baubles, a tree-topper and a pop-up pot, making it oh so cute!
- Your tiny tree can be re-planted so it will keep growing and living until next Christmas and beyond. It comes with care instructions
- The Tiny Christmas Tree is delivered in a lovely, bespoke gift box
- Floraly is a boutique floristry sourcing the freshest flowers, minimising waste and supporting local flower rowers
Find More Festive Fun
Have you signed up to our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!