Where To Buy A Real Christmas Tree Near Sydney
By: Hayley Dean, ellaslist
Oh, Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, how lovely are your branches….
Many of you have recently asked where the best place to go for real Christmas trees is in Sydney, so we have put together a list of 6 Christmas Tree Farms that are around one hour (or under) drive from Sydney.
Address: 879 Old Northern Road, Dural. Phone: 02 9651 1010
Opening Hours: 9am-6pm Daily.
- Beautiful trees and lovely customer Service.
- They will also be at CarriageWorks Farmers Markets (formerly known as Eveleigh Markets) on Dec 2, 9 and 16th).
- You can also order your tree online.
- According to their website, Santa usually visit on weekends and his reindeer are always roaming around. They also have jumping castles set up, Sausage Sizzles and cold drinks. Coming here is a wonder family day out.
- Extremely popular (known to be the largest in Sydney) so be prepared to wait.
Trees are priced from $78 to $158+ according to size. Stands and delivery extra.
Address: 6 Namba Road, Duffys Forest. Phone: 02 9450 2027
Opening Hours: 4:30pm-6pm Tues, Thur & Fri. 9am-5pm Weekends.
- Santa is often visiting on weekends!
- Can pick and cut down your own Christmas tree. Cutting implements are provided.
- Delivery is limited.
- Must bring your own rug to get tree home (ie no netting on offer).
Tree prices are from $60, up to $150 depending on size.
Address: 281 Windsor Road, Vineyard. Phone: 0417 330 663
Opening Hours: 9am-6pm Daily.
- Passionate people with lovely trees; you might recognise them from Telstra’s recent TVC.
- Only 20mins from Parramatta
- You can purchase stands from them too.
- You have the choice of cutting your own or if you’re in a hurry/sleeping child/demon suddenly possess child, you can select a pre-cut tree from their drive by service.
- Delivery options are not shown on their website.
Tree prices are from $50 (4 foot), up to $90 (8 foot) and Stands are Small $35, Medium $50, Large $65.
Image: Willy's Christmas Tree Farm website.
Address: 2215 The Northern Road, Luddenham. Phone: 02 4773 4285
Opening Hours: 9am-4pm daily From November 25 to December 14.
- Huge Selection with premium shaping.
- Wrapping available.
- Can choose from pre cut or cut your own trees.
- Stands available to purchase.
- Only open until December 14.
Tree Prices from $50 - $70 plus stand and wrapping (if required).
Address: 1755 Burragorang Rd Oakdale (near Picton/Camden) Phone: 0429 300 474
Opening Hours: 3pm-6pm Weekdays and 9am-5pm Weekends.
- Can reserve trees early in the season (October) then pick it up close to Christmas.
- This is a 40 acres orchard so grab some fruit (Christmas pudding anyone?) whilst you’re there. Depending on the time of your visit, you’ll find a banquet of stone fruit, berries, flowers and vegtables, apples, citrus, melons and pumpkins…plus home made goods like pies YUMMO
- The gorgeous direction state “ Head to our Christmas cottage to find our helpers”.
- Very popular with locals so you’ll often need to reserve your larger trees 12mths in advance. Best to call before you go to ensure your size is in stock.
- Over an hours (apprix 1.5) drive from CBD.
Tree Prices from $50 - $90
Address: 260 Great N Road, Wareemba. Phone: 02 9713 2861
Opening Hours: 9am-6pm daily.
- Ok so this one technically isn’t a farm, well there is a farm in Oberon but for Inner Westies, this is a institution that’s been around for more than 50 years.
- Close to CBS (Inner West)
- Delivery available.
- Super friendly staff
- Quality trees.
- Netting is free when you make a donation to Sydney Children’s Hospital
- On the expensive side compared to other farms we’ve mentioned today.
- Trees run out quickly so get in early (best to call ahead for size confirmation).
- You don’t get to cut it down yourself.
Tree prices from $70 to over $200 size dependant plus accessories.
Have we missed your favourite Christmas Tree farm off the list? Be sure to leave a comment on this page or via our social media to let us know.
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review