Super Simple: Homemade Nutella
- All Ages
By: Phoebe Ackland, ellaslist
It's super simple and incredibly tempting. Check out this blender-only way to get delicious, homemade Nutella that is said to taste just as delicious as the store-bought stuff.
Source: Food Crunch
Here's Another Way To Do It
Although we think the blender only way is probably going to win out during your cooking-with-the-kids afternoon, here's a homemade Nutella recipe from Splendid Table that has a few extra steps involved:
What You Need:
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mild vegetable oil, such as canola
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, more or less depending upon your preference
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 176°C
- Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about 12 minutes, until they’ve browned a little and the skins are blistered a little. Wrap them in a kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove as much loose skin as possible. (Some skin will cling to the nuts when you’re done. It’s okay—not to mention inevitable.) Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over gently simmering water or in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts until they form a paste. Add the oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth as possible-or as smooth as you like. Add the melted chocolate, blend well, and then strain the mixture to remove any chunks of hazelnut that remain. The resulting homemade Nutella will be thin and somewhat runny and maybe even a little warm but it will thicken as it cools.
- Scrape your homemade nutella into a jar or other resealable container and let it cool to room temperature. Cover the container after snitching several spoonfuls. The nutella will keep on the counter for up to 2 weeks.
Thanks to The Splendid Table for the delicious recipe.
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review