Seymour Shaw Park❜s Exciting New Youth Precinct is Officially Open
Mums & Bubs
Get ready, Miranda! The Seymour Shaw Park Youth Precinct and open space upgrade is set to become the new heartbeat of the Shire's community.
Funded by a significant investment from the NSW Government's Public Spaces Legacy Program and Sutherland Shire Council, this upgrade is all about bringing the best recreational facilities to our local youth and families.
Seymour Shaw Park's Exciting New Youth Precinct is Now Open
A Hub of Activity
Stage 1 of the project, already underway since early 2023, introduces thrilling new facilities:
- A skate park with two deep bowls and plaza skating.
- Innovative parkour challenges and climbing elements.
- An outdoor playground with modern equipment.
- Ample seating and shaded areas.
With a focus on inclusivity and excitement, these additions are perfect for energetic kids and teens.
Community Consultation and Design
Teamwork makes the dream work! In a fantastic collaborative effort, local stakeholders and the creative minds at Playce have teamed up with council staff.
Their goal? To ensure the new precinct perfectly aligns with the needs and wishes of our community.
What's Coming in Stage 2?
- Major re-levelling of sports fields for soccer, netball, and cricket.
- Enhanced amenities including toilet upgrades.
- A new multi-purpose building replacing the netball control rooms.
- Additional seating and parking upgrades.
These comprehensive upgrades will transform Seymour Shaw Park into a premier destination for sports and recreation in the Sutherland Shire.
Construction and Community Impact
Construction might affect some current park facilities, but fear not:
- The existing children’s playground is being replaced with modern equipment.
- Sports fields will be temporarily impacted, but arrangements are in place to minimise disruption.
Embracing an Active Lifestyle in the Shire
"An active lifestyle is at the heart of who we are in the Shire," says Member for Miranda, Eleni Petinos. "This project brings to life that ethos, providing a space where our youth can thrive and our community can come together."
For more information on the project scope and updates, visit the Sutherland Shire Council's website.
Seymour Shaw Park Youth Precinct Location & Opening Date
The Seymour Shaw Park Youth Precinct opened on 20 November 2023 and is located at 244 The Boulevarde, Miranda.
More Fun in the Sun
Have you signed up to our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!