How To Make Your Own Slime
By: Phoebe Ackland, ellaslist
We love easy recipes and cool stuff that let our kids be creative and use their hands whilst its raining outside- getting crafty and messy is the best way to keep boredom at bay! Slime is a bit of a craze at the moment- one ellaslist mum even knows a child at her daughter's school who sells pots of the stuff for $5 on the playground!
Here's an easy recipe to try at home this weekend:
Source: 30 Days Facebook
What You'll Need
- foam shaving cream
- glue (the original recipe uses Elmer's glue, our equivalent is like a Clag's child's glue)
- food colouring
- baking soda
- saline solution
- baby oil
Here's What To Do
It's simple, so kids can really take control!
- Add half a cup of glue into a bowl.
- Add food colouring - just a few drops for a light colour, or more for darker colour
- Stir to mix in the colour
- Add approximately 3-4 cups of shaving cream into the bowl
- Stir in ¼ tsp baking soda
- Add 1 tbsp saline solution and mix
- Mix thoroughly and knead the mixture. This is the step where the slime forms!
- Use a small amount of baby oil at the end to have the slime be less sticky
Here's Another One
For some people, the above recipe seems to work, but for others, it's just not quite the right consistency. Here's another super simple recipe to try, using only 3 ingredients and producing a super stretchy slime:
Here are some steps to follow for a slightly adjusted version of the above video, courtesy of ROMPER. You'll need 1/2 a tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of contact solution, about 1 ounce of white school glue, and your choice of food colouring.
1. Find a bowl, cup, or plate to mix your slime in
2. Pour out the entire contents of a 4oz of Elmer’s White School Glue into the bowl
3. Add 1⁄2 Tbsp of baking soda and mix
4. After mixing, add your choice of food colouring
5. Mix and/or add more food coloring until you get the color you want
6. Add 1 Tbsp of contact solution
7. Mix until slime forms and it begins to get harder to mix
8. Take the slime out and begin kneading with both of your hands
9. If needed, add 1⁄4 Tbsp Contact solution to make the slime less sticky.
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review