Hayden Quinn's Burger Food Truck Coming To Sydney This January!
By: Phoebe Ackland, ellaslist
This Summer, Masterchef’s Hayden Quinn has teamed up with Hellman’s to create 5 surprising and delicious dishes where mayo is in the spotlight.
Mad For Mayo
In January, the recipes for these 5 mouth-watering goodies will be available through the Hellman’s website, and the calamari burger and the cheeseburger will be handed out for FREE from the Hellman’s Burger Food Truck to give Sydney-siders the chance to taste these exclusive recipes, and see mayo in a whole new light. According to Hayden, the versatility of mayonaise means it is a seriously underestimated condiment. He said: “When you’re cooking you want to use ingredients that complement each other and add a new dimension to your dish, whether it is flavour or texture. mayonnaise does just that."
The two Burgers have been adapted to slider size, so you wont have to be limited to selecting just one.
Check out these awesome recipes:
1. Japanese Crispy Calamari Burger With Slaw And Yuzu Kosho Mayonnaise
2. Korean Kimchi Pork Burger With Slaw And Gochujang Mayonnaise
3. Classic Cheeseburger With Mayonnaise Burger Sauce
4. Grilled Octopus Salad With A Garlic Mayonnaise
5. Mint Choc Cupcakes- (We think that’s the versatility Hayden was talking about!)
How Do You Possibly Decide?
What does Hayden recommend? He said: “When I was creating these recipes the first thing that came to my mind was the classic seafood and mayonnaise combo – it can’t be beaten. To give it a fresh twist I added some Asian flavours and spice and the Japanese Crispy Calamari Burger is the result. It will be my go-to burger this summer."
Catch the food truck at a location near you before it rolls to Melbourne! Hayden will be at the opening day in Manly, so head down an thank him for these (what we know will be) delicious burgers.
- Sunday 15 January; Manly Wharf (meet Hayden!)
- Monday 16 January; Westfield Chatswood
- Tuesday 17 January; Sydney CBD
- Wednesday 18 January; Westfield Liverpool
- Thursday 19 January; Darling Harbour
More Delicious Articles