ellaslist Swings By The Flying Fox Playground
By: Alana Whitting, ellaslist explorer
The Flying Fox playground and park at Winnererremy Bay in Mona Vale is a hugely popular Northern Beaches family destination and with so much on offer for kids of all ages it’s easy to see why. Winnererremy Bay sits on the shores of Pittwater and this park has it all – an amazing, enclosed playground, a giant bike/scooter track, BBQ and picnic facilities, a little sandy beach and a great café.
Awesome Adventure Playground
The main attraction for little ones is the huge playground that caters for kids of all ages. There is a great range of equipment for little explorers to bigger adventurers. The favourite for our family is the namesake flying fox – kids might need adult assistance to get started and its best to stick nearby as the flying fox is quite quick and when little ones reach the end they can bounce back and might require a helping hand to jump off again.
Another activity that always engages our girls is the huge rope climbing web – there’s a great view when they reach the top too!
Other fun features are the saucer swing and the bouncing see saw – more suited to older children
but little ones can have lots of fun with them too.
There’s also a great set of swings which we always have to have a turn on.
For younger littlies there is a great area with a pirate ship and lots of climbing and sliding frames that are manageable for all ages.
Wheelie Good Fun
A great attraction at the park is the huge bike and scooter track which makes a loop around a lovely open area just beside the playground. Your kids will be occupied for hours doing laps of the track which is nice, flat and safely set a good distance from the road.
Grab A Bite By The Beach
The park has BBQs and shade covered tables with views towards Pittwater. These areas are highly sought after for birthday parties and picnics so get in early if you want to grab a spot to set up. The Flying Fox café is located right next to the playground and offers a range of eat in and take away family favourites. Read All About our delicious meal at The Flying Fox Cafe.
Sand Play By The Bay
The little beach of Winnererremy Bay is perfect for sand play and watching the pelicans fly by. We also watched paddle boarders come and go and a few people trying a spot of fishing.
Verdict: Fantastic Flying Fox Fun
This park and playground is a definite favourite with our family and friends. It has everything you need for a fun and action packed day outdoors in a picturesque position.
There is an off leash dog park a short walk from Winnererremy Bay along the waters edge so your fur child can get out and about and have a play with friends too. The big open park area would also be great spot for kite flying.
In A Nutshell
- Nearest café: Flying Fox Café is located directly adjacent to the playground.
- Toilets: Toilets are located right next to the playground near to the café.
- Shade: The playground is well shaded with shade covers over several areas and natural shade provided by beautiful trees outside the enclosed area.
- Enclosed: Yes, the playground is fully enclosed.
- Parking: The nearby car park requires a Northern Beaches Council parking sticker or paid metered parking. There is also street parking just a short walk away.
- Public transport: Buses going north towards Palm Beach run along Barrenjoey Road, you can get on and off at the intersection of Bassett Street and follow this road to the playground. Buses going towards Bayview run along Pittwater Road, where you can get on and off near the intersection of Mona Street.
- Best feature: The stand out for us is the flying fox!
What You Need To Know
Address: Mona Street, Mona Vale NSW 2103
More info here.
Explore the Flying Fox Cafe
The Flying Fox Café is directly adjacent to the Flying Fox playground which makes it a saviour for families whose little ones are likely to be having far too much fun playing to want to head home for something to eat. Read the review HERE.
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review