Ashfield Early Learning Centre
- Mums & Bubs
Ashfield Early Learning Centre is an approved long day care centre based in the inner west suburb of Ashfield, NSW. Their aim is to provide the best start for your child’s Early Childhood Education and Care in a warm, nurturing and safe environment.
It is licensed for 56 children and cares for children from age 0 - 6 years, operating from 7am – 6pm Monday to Friday, 50 weeks a year. The centre provides 4 meals a day (breakfast for early birds, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea), prepared fresh daily by the centre cook.
Having two young children of their own, the owners understand the importance of providing an environment which enables each child to feel safe, secure and valued. They also believe in a teaching equivalent of the "butterfly effect", which comes from the science of chaos theory; this is built around the premise that little things - like the beating of a butterfly's wings in one part of the world - may ultimately contribute to a tornado happening in another part of the world.
Their team of educators aim to provide high-quality Early Childhood Education and care. With 20 years of combined experience in delivering high-quality care and service to communities, they understand and value the importance of a great start in children’s learning journey.
Their vision is to assist and support children’s learning and development needs. They believe in creating environments supportive of an ongoing culture of sustainability, connectedness and inclusion. At Ashfield ELC, each child’s uniqueness is embraced, which encourages the development of a positive sense of self and community.
Their philosophy is to create a feeling of acceptance and sense of belonging by providing an environment where children feel safe and secure much like home so you may have peace of mind while you work. Recognising that each child has unique interests, skills and knowledge, individual programs are built to develop each child’s individual personality, resilience and love of learning. The children will also be exposed to arts and crafts, music and movement, as well as quiet and focused activities including literacy and numeracy.
Aims for the children:
- To make every child feel secure in the early learning environment.
- To develop each child’s sense of self and community.
- To allow each individual to develop intellectual abilities at their own pace.
- To help develop children socially and emotionally by making them aware of all the emotions which may be experienced, and teaching them to deal with those emotions in an acceptable way.
- To develop children’s creativity and self-expression through art, language and music with the emphasis being placed on the doing, not the end result.
- To help children develop confidence in their physical abilities by providing activities to encourage both fine and gross motor skills.
- To guide each child to be school-ready through their rich and engaging school readiness program.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!