Mums & Bubs
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Carlile Swimming provides a fun, safe and caring environment for kids to learn to swim well.
Carlile Swimming has been teaching kids to swim well for 65 years so it’s no surprise Carlile Swimming is recognised as one of the world’s best swim schools. They have established industry leading teaching techniques that help bring out the best swimmer in each child.
Carlile’s small, personalised lessons allow their teachers to really understand the needs of each child and help build their confidence and skills.
They’re aim is to help kids feel safer in and around the water, and develop a lifelong love of swimming.
Carlile offers a variety of swim programs for every age and ability, as well as squads and school holiday intensive programs.
- Small, personalised classes with the parent or carer in the water allows the baby to relax and encourages bonding and feelings of safety.
- Specially adapted games, songs and routines help children feel safer and more confident in the water.
- Children learn to become comfortable submerging in the water and floating on their backs.
Preschool Learn to Swim Program - for children aged 2.5 years to 5 years
- Small classes with a maximum of four swimmers allows the teacher to build confidence and skills in each swimmer.
-Three ability-based levels are available in this program (Tadpole, Seahorse, Sea Turtle).
- These lessons are designed to improve water confidence, floating and submerging. Freestyle and backstroke are also introduced.
School Age Learn to Swim Program - for children aged 5 years and over
- Small classes of up to five swimmers allow the teacher to tailor instructions for each child ensuring skills and confidence improve.
- Three ability-based levels are available in this program (Starfish, Goldfish, Dolphin).
- These classes are suitable for beginners and children needing to develop correct freestyle and backstroke technique.
Stroke Development Program - for children refining their swimming technique
- These lessons are designed to develop correct technique and endurance. Children begin refining their freestyle and backstroke techniques before moving on to all four strokes. Three ability-based levels are available in this program (Marlin, Kingfish, Superfish).
- Classes are 30 to 45 mins with seven to nine swimmers per class (depending on level).
- After completing the stroke development program, children will be proficient in all four strokes, competitive dives and turns, and have a basic understanding of swimming rules and principles.
Squads - for advancing swimmers
- Squads place an emphasis on endurance, perfecting technique and mastering competitive starts and turns.
- Classes are 45 minutes in length.
- There are also opportunities for swimmers to progress to development and advanced competitive squads.
School Holiday Intensive Program
The school holidays are a great time for children to learn valuable swimming skills. During the school holidays Carlile Swimming conducts their popular Swimvac Program. This program offers specially structured swimming lessons on consecutive days of the week. The holiday program produces significant results, especially for children who are new swimmers or those looking to improve their swimming skills.
With their years of experience and innovative teaching techniques, Carlile truly is Australia’s leading swim school. However, they see themselves as more than just a swim school, they are a family. Each centre has a friendly, welcoming vibe and staff know everyone by name. If you’re ready to experience the Carlile difference, contact your local swim school today or visit the Carlile website www.carlile.com.au.
Castle Cove – 02 9417 2060, 2b Holly Street
– Carlingford – 02 9872 4477, Level 3, Carlingford Court, Cnr Pennant Hills and Carlingford Roads
– Cherrybrook – 02 9980 7822, 33 Shepherds Drive
– Five Dock – 02 8753 0333, 49 – 51 Queens Road (Cnr Harris Street)
– Killarney Heights – 02 9451 3677, 14 Tralee Avenue
– Lane Cove West – 02 9188 1027, 4 Sirius Road
– Norwest (Baulkham Hills) – 02 9659 7665, 6 Century Circuit (Norwest Business Park)
– Ryde – 02 9808 3199, 16 Cross St
Tell them ellaslist sent you!