- Fri Apr 12 - Sun Apr 28 2019
- Adult: $39.00 | Child 4-15 years: $19.00 | Child under 4: FREE | Adult Member: $35.10 | Child Member: $17.10
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Experience Melbourne Zoo after dark as it's transformed with lights, projections, art installations, interactive performances, food and drink, and more!
Bringing Melbourne's vibrant culture to the lush grounds of the Zoo, Neon Playground is a new event celebrating wildlife conservation with a showcase of some of the best local light and visual artists and designers.
Journey through Awareness Alley where you will be engulfed by dynamic laser art along Melbourne Zoo’s historic Main Drive. On the way, learn about our fighting extinction species from the colourful Neon lights by artist Carla O’Brien.
Transport yourself into the world of Graeme Base’s Waterhole, where illuminated and animated giant tortoises bring this childhood favourite to life.
Explore the giant neon maze. Inspired by the Southern Corroboree Frog’s distinctive yellow and black colouring, almost 600 meters of LED neon suspended from the ground creates a labyrinth of light with surprises along the way.
Take it all in at Relaxoland where you can grab something from the food trucks and bars to refuel.
And the most important part, all proceeds contribute to the conservation of the critically endangered Southern Corroboree Frog.
What you need to know:
- When: 5.30pm–9.30pm, April 12 - 27
- Where: Melbourne Zoo, Elliott Ave, Parkville VIC 3052
- Cost: Adult: $39.00 | Child 4-15 years: $19.00 | Child under 4: FREE | Adult Member: $35.10 | Child Member: $17.10
- For more information: www.zoo.org.au/melbourne
Image credit: Melbourne Zoo
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review