Inspire Your Child’s Creativity at Magic Tree of Music
If you’re looking for a school holiday activity you can do at home with the kids, why not consider an online creativity program?
Immerse your child in music, arts, storytelling and dance from around the world with Magic Tree of Music.
About Magic Tree of Music
Magic Tree of Music’s programs are perfect for children aged 5-9 to enhance their creativity and encourage the development of fundamental life skills, all in the comfort of your own home.
The Magic Tree of Music courses aid in the development of your child's abilities in
- Creative problem solving
The Magic Tree team are musicians, dancers, researchers, experienced teachers and creatives, passionate about supporting your child’s learning.
Magic Tree Programs
The programs were created by director, Dr Shari Lindblom, an expert in music and creative education.
Children's creativity is boosted and their future potential is enhanced throughout the courses by cross-cultural music, art, dance, and storytelling.
The activities offered by Magic Tree of Music encourage kids to interact with various musical and artistic traditions in order to spark their imaginations and open up new worlds through imaginative play, whether it be through playing the West African Djembe Drum or mastering a traditional Javanese folk dance.
You will also receive all the necessary materials, including activities, masks, stories and your very own hand-crafted instruments, which are yours to keep!
West African $179.00
Explore the magic of music, dance, art and drama from West Africa with this exciting online program.
- Musical Instrument Playing: learning the sounds and rhythms of the djembe.
- Singing & Dance: singing a traditional West African folk song and learning the movements of a traditional folk dance.
- Art: painting and decorating their own West African mask.
- Storytelling: accompanying a traditional African folk tale with their own djembe rhythms and sounds.
- Improvisation: creating their own music, art, dance and stories.
Java, Indonesia awaits with this online course, immersing your child in music, dance, art and drama.
- Musical Instrument Playing: learning to recognise the Javanese gamelan instruments and creating sounds with their unique gamophone instrument.
- Dance: learning the movements of a folk dance involving plates!
- Art: designing and drawing characters in a Javanese village story scene.
- Storytelling: creating their own rhythms and sounds to help create an exciting narrative.
- Improvisation: developing their own story, dances and music in the Javanese style
School Holiday $379.00
2 day in-person creativity program, held in different Australian city locations and be immersed in music, dance, art and drama from various cultures.
- Each session will involve a combination of live and video demonstrations from a variety of talented musicians, artists, dancers and storytellers.
- Through learning in a small group environment, students are encouraged to improvise and then develop their own group creativity.
- At the end of the program, students have the opportunity to 'perform' with their new friends to demonstrate their newly acquired skills to their parents.
- All students receive their own instruments and art materials from taking home and a participation certificate.
Combined creativity $339.00
Can’t decide on a program? Why not both! Our combined creativity course explores West Africa and Java, Indonesia, in this extended online program.
- Musical Instrument Playing: Learn the sounds and rhythms of the djembe from West Africa, then explore the sounds of Javanese gamelan instruments and create your own rhythm with your unique gamophone instrument.
- Singing & Dancing: Learn the movements of a traditional West African and Javanese folk dance and sing along to traditional folk songs.
- Art: Paint and decorate your own West African mask, then design and draw characters in a Javanese village story scene.
- Storytelling: Accompany a traditional African and Javanese folk tale with your own music using the provided instruments.
- Improvisation: Create your own music, art, dance and stories in the West African and Javanese style.
Learn more about our programs at Magic Tree of Music
Tell them ellaslist sent you!