Easy Recipe To Whip Up With Kids: Potato Spirals
By: Phoebe Ackland, ellaslist
Who said cooking with kids was a nightmare? Thanks to Tastemade for this super easy, crispy and delicious treat to fry up with our kids this weekend! Check out the handy video on how to make this carnival-style treat.
Source: Tastemade Facebook
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 350g potato, peeled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 10g potato starch
- 10g parmesan cheese
- 50g milk
Step By Step
- Microwave the potato until soft
- Mash the potato until smooth
- Add the beaten egg, milk, cheese, salt and pepper to the mash and mix well
- Transfer mixture into a piping bag
- Heat oil to about 170 degrees celsius in a pan
- Squeeze out potato mixture into the oil into a spiral pattern using the piping bag
- Cook until golden brown
- Drain well on paper towel before serving
And voila! You have potato spirals- enjoy with tomato sauce, vinegar, aioli or just about anything you desire.
Let us know how your potato spirals turned out- comment below!
Check Out Some More Kid Friendly Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Super Simple: One Bowl Chocolate Brownie Pops
- The Two-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Six Reasons To Involve Your Kids With Cooking
- Is Oil Worse Than Sugar?
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review