Lavender Harvest Festival
- Sun Jan 13 2019
- $6 per adult and $2 per school-aged child.
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm is again celebrating its lavender harvest with an exciting festival. Visitors are welcome to learn about the lavender process from cutting in the field to watching the flowers being distilled for their precious essential oil. Hundreds of bunches will hang beneath every available verandah and, of course, our fresh lavender will be available for sale.
- Great music thanks to local four-piece local country band The Cartwheels
- Morris Dancers making sure the harvest is a good one.
- Pony rides: short trips around the gardens for the kids.
- Hang out with averitable menagerie of farm animals that will be sure to delight kids of all ages. You're invited to help groom and feed an assortment of cute farm animals. Fantastic photo opportunities await!
- Lavender harvesting demonstrations: harvesting with sickles, bunching & drying, winnowing and distilling for essential oil and floral water. Join one of the Lavender Walks to experience the process from cutting, bunching, winnowing and distilling.
- Check out the great selection of artisans offering their handmade goods. And kids, have your face painted in festival style!
- So many food options, including from the wood-fired oven (as long as it's not too hot). Plenty of cold drink options, including the famous lavender cordial and lavender champagne. And the best way to beat the heat is with a good scoop or two of lavender ice-cream. Yum!
- Tour the original Swiss Italian Farmhouse and hear the story of the original Swiss Italian family that farmed here. Original descendants Faye and Boyd will help you explore the amazing house.
- Feel free to explore the gardens and grounds, and find a secret spot near the creek.
Image credit: Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm Facebook
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review