Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Mayfield Garden and the Private Garden make up the impressive 160-acre cool climate garden.
The Private Garden, is a private family (Hawkins family) garden area, which extends beyond Mayfield Garden, an additional 50 hectares (124 acres). The whole Private Garden is open to visitors for Autumn & Spring seasonal festivals and 20 hectares is open for Summer & Winter seasonal festivals.
Mayfield is dog friendly, please note your furry friend must be kept on a leash at all times and be guided by yourself. Doggy bowls are provided at the Cafe, but you must bring your own doggy bags.
It's a great place to visit for a day trip with the whole family. There is something for everyone at Mayfield Garden - from bubs in prams and young children to Grandmas & Grandpas.
This area has spectacular features to explore including:
- The Water Garden displays core plantings of a red canopy layer of Red Oaks and Copper Beech, complimented by a dominant mid-layer of colourful Rhododendrons and Maples, with Hellebore and Alchemilla ground covers and an extensive display of Spring and Summer flowering bulbs. The constructed stone cascade was influenced by the sandstone cliffs of nearby Kanangra Walls.
- The Valley of the Five Ponds is a valley lined with woodland plantings of deciduous Oaks, Maples, Birch and Beech, with a shrub understorey of Viburnum, Mollis Azalea and Cornus, and groundcover plantings of winter flowering Hellebore and summer flowering Huchera. The five valley ponds are sustained from a stone water trough with cascading water through a ground level rill that meanders through the valley that links the five ponds.
- Other must-see constructed features and follies within these areas and throughout Mayfield Garden include:
- The Bluestone Bridge
- The Grotto (cascading waterfall you can walk behind!)
- The Iron and Stone Arbour
- The Copper Tree Fountain (sourced from the Chelsea flower show)
- The 12.5 metre Obelisk Pond and Allée of London Plane trees
- The Gallery (Mayfield’s new exhibition centre)
- Interactive garden games like Chess
Mayfield Garden has gone to great lengths to make it wheelchair and pram friendly and accessible with many new hand rails and paths connecting the garden throughout being created.
Mayfield Garden entry fee (outside Private Garden seasonal festivals)
- $20 Adult
- $18 Concession/Senior Citizen
- $10 Child (7-17 years)
- FREE Child (0-6 years)
- $55 Family (2 adults, 2 children)
- Annual membership includes:
- 12 month access to Mayfield Garden and seasonal festivals in the Private Garden
- Discounts to Mayfield events
- 10% garden entry discount for friends and family when a member is present
- Prices: $65 - Adult; $58.50 - Concession/Senior Citizen; $20 - Child (7-17 years); FREE - Child (0-6 years); $165 - Family (2 adults, 2 children)
For more information, visit the website.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review