The Circus Factory at The Powerhouse Museum
- Thu Apr 09 2015
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Step into the ring of one of the most delightfully daring, spectacularly spectacular feats of showmanship, curiosity, absurdity and intrigue at Circus Factory. Even when you see it, you won’t believe it!
- Ride a fairground carousel that is 100 years old
- Test yourself with the strongman and laughing clowns
- See over 60 circus costumes and props featuring ringmasters, animal trainers, acrobats and clowns
- Wonder at hilarious kinetic sculptures created by David Archer
- See photos and objects never seen before from Australia’s very own Wirth’s Circus
- Throw yourself into a carnival world created by French scenographer Gérard Cholot and designer Alban Le Henry
In this exhibition you will also find:
Amuse Bouche by Circa - Shows on the hour from 4 Apr to 19 Apr
Exquisite circus bites from internationally renowned circus company Circa, each Amuse Bouche is a delectable moment of impossibly skilled and outrageously beautiful circus. Audiences will discover the traditions of circus through to contemporary practice and glimpse the way to the future – where bodies, objects, music and art seamlessly meld. Circa’s acrobats along with some of their most loved circus apparatus serve up a range of comic, hilarious and soulfully moving bite sized performances. Come to the table for a helping of world class circus not to be missed.
Science of Circus Show - Shows on the hour from 20 Apr to 3 May
Step right up and explore the wonders of science found in the circus ring! In this engaging science show explore the physics behind your favourite circus acts including plate spinning, hula-hooping and tightrope walking.
Tickets - Up to 3 kids free with each adult ticket
Adults: $35 / Member adults: $25
Additional child (4–15 yrs): $8
Free entry for children under 4 years
Exhibition tickets include same-day entry to Powerhouse Museum. Transaction fees from $3.95 may apply.
Group discounts available.
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review