5 Family Holiday Experiences To Explore In Western Sydney Parklands
- Tue Nov 17 2020 - Sun Jan 31 2021
If you looking to Stay and Play close to home this holiday season, look no further than Western Sydney Parklands. Here you will find beautiful native bushland, award-winning playgrounds and world-class sporting venues. The 5,280 hectares of parklands also takes in some of Sydney's best attractions including a water park, tree top walks, a farm, motor sports a drive-in cinema and more.
There is so much to see and do at Western Sydney Parklands, you'll need to do some serious scheduling to work out how to fit everything in. Check out the Western Sydney Parklands events calendar or browse some recommended holiday itineraries to help put together your perfect holiday itinerary.
To help you plan your ultimate Summer in Sydney, ellaslist has put together a list of some of our favourite Western Sydney attractions.
The Top 5 Ways To Spend Your Summer In The Heart Of Western Sydney:
Cool down while experiencing the thrills and spills of over 30 slides and rides at Raging Waters Sydney. Season passes to Sydney’s biggest water theme park are on sale now, plus there are family discounts available throughout November.
Give the kids a rural Australia experience close to home at Calmsley Hill City Farm.
- Looking for an adrenaline rush? Get your rev on with a Formula Ford Experience at Sydney Motorsport Park. Get behind the wheel of a real F1-style formula Ford race car and race the famous Eastern Creek track.
- Celebrating its first birthday, Sydney’s newest zoo, Sydney Zoo, is offering up to 15% off on day tickets when you buy online. Or, if one visit isn’t enough, you can become a member and enjoy unlimited entry from just $109.
- Get ready to burn some rubber at ‘Aeroflow Race 4 Real’ every Wednesday at Sydney Dragway. It’s the ultimate family-friendly night out, where you can put the performance of your own car to the test.
The Top 5 Bush Walks In The Heart Of Western Sydney
Explore our top picks from over 60km of tracks and trails, perfect for walking, running and cycling, with spectacular bushland scenery and views to Sydney’s CBD.
- Pimelea Loop (1.6km), a gentle track for all, connects Lizard Log and The Dairy and boasts fields of beautiful bluebells which bloom after the rain. Pick up some fresh produce grown nearby at the Horsley Park Urban Farms or drop by Café Saluti by Novella nearby for a mid-walk coffee.
Test yourself on the Moonrise Loop, a challenging 6.2km walk that takes in many of Western Sydney Parkland’s greatest sights. Spot a kangaroo or wallaby, enjoy the spectacular bird watching and for a sweeping view of Sydney, ascend to Moonrise Lookout.
- The 3km Spotted Gums Loop is one for the bushwalking lovers as you traverse the fire trail near the Cecil Hills area of the parklands and take in the spectacular bushland scenery.
- Stroll Western Sydney Parklands’ rolling countryside on the Bungarribee Trail. The 4-6km walk takes you through wetlands teaming with birdlife and grasslands abundant with native wildflowers and kangaroos and wallabies. Head over to award-winning Bungarribee Park afterwards for an epic kids’ playground, BBQ and toilet facilities.
- For a different view of the bush, head up into the canopy at TreeTops, just off Cowpasture Road. Thrillseekers can enjoy an exhilarating ride on the world's fastest rollercoaster zipline or take on self-guided treetop ropes courses with more than 100 rope ladders, wobbly bridges, tunnels, cargo-nets and zip lines to test you.
Don't forget - if you live a little further away, there are also some great accommodation options that are close to all the attractions.
For more information, visit the website.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!