City of Sydney❜s Lunar Festival Illustration Competition
- Mon May 09 - Tue May 31 2022
Year of the Rabbit drawing competition – Sydney Lunar Festival 2023
The City of Sydney invites budding young illustrators aged 5 to 12 years to share their best rabbit drawings to be showcased as part of the Sydney Lunar Festival.
From 5 February 2023, the Sydney Lunar Festival will be celebrating the Year of the Rabbit.
Selected drawings will be used to create a large-scale illuminated lantern as part of the Lunar Lanterns exhibition for the 2023 Sydney Lunar Festival. Celebrating the unique viewpoint of Sydney’s young people, the lanterns will be displayed on George Street in the city centre.
5 winning designs will be selected with each winner to receive a $150 gift card from Riot Art & Craft.
We’re looking for fun and playful drawings of rabbits that are:
- celebrating the Lunar New Year and holding a lucky red envelope or a lantern
- hungry and eating your favourite Asian dish – think noodles, sushi or dumplings
- thirsty – drinking a bubble tea or sipping from a coconut
- performing – think anything from dancing to juggling or singing
- happy and friendly - smiling, waving, poking its tongue out or laughing
You can share up to 3 drawings, choosing from the actions listed above.
You’re welcome to choose 3 different actions or share 3 different drawings of the same action.
In 40 words or less, provide a short description about your rabbit. Does it have a name or any special skills you can tell us about?
- The rabbit drawing must be drawn in portrait orientation. A3 paper is preferred but A4 is acceptable. Please make your drawings as large as possible.
- You can use any medium including pencils, paint and crayons or software such as Adobe Illustrator and the like.
- Don’t add any background colour or artwork to your drawing. We’re looking for rabbit drawings only.
How to enter
Complete the entry form and attach a photo of the drawing. A smartphone photo is fine.
A few other things to consider
- The drawing must stand out and be recognisable from a distance.
- The drawing may be used in advertising materials, including outdoor street banners and posters.
- The first name and age of each winner will be published alongside their drawing as part of the Sydney Lunar Festival 2023 marketing campaign.
- Submit up to 3 drawings by 11.59pm, Sydney time on Tuesday 31 May
- Keep the original drawings in a safe place. Selected drawings will need to be posted to us.
When: Submit up to 3 drawings by 11.59pm, Sydney time on Tuesday 31 May
For more information see City of Sydney's website Year of the Rabbit drawing competition – Sydney Lunar Festival 2023.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!