CODE4FUN: Sydney Programming School (Years 1-11)
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
Sydney Programming School CODE4FUN provides continuing weekly programming courses as a part of school curriculum during school hours and as an extra-curricular activity before school, after school and during school holidays. Our goal is to shape the new generation of Australian programmers, software engineers and digital entrepreneurs.
In Term 1, 2017 CODE4FUN will run coding courses in 20 schools and educational centres around Sydney and will have over 1,000 students enrolled in our regular weekly classes.
They provide three major types of courses, designed for students of almost all ages:
Beginners (Year 1-6): Students learn the basics of programming, how to use variables, loops and functions to create simple animations and games. They will work with Scratch, a block-based programming environment that allows kids to build projects from day one
Pro level (Year 7-11): Students learn the fundamentals of Web and Game Development while creating websites, Apps and 3D games. HTML, CSS and Python all are covered. Children also introduced to Unity 3D where they learn C# language and explore all aspects of game creation.
CODE4FUN take coding seriously. All our teachers are professional programmers, software engineers and IT professionals, who are passionate about teaching kids coding. The Head of Teaching Jesse Clark, who teaches our most advanced classes, used to work for NASA programming spaceships. Now he is a robotics researcher at UTS and Head of Teaching at CODE4FUN.
Competitions: We run coding competitions across all our 1000+ students attending our regular weekly classes during which students learn how to create projects on their own from scratch, how to turn an idea into a fully functioning product, and how to present their work in a professional way. Winners get cool prizes like Sphero Robots, which encourages others to participate in a next coding challenge and to push the boundaries of creativity.
Here is the list of school & education centres where CODE4FUN will operate in 2017:
1. Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School, Forestville
2. Villa Maria Catholic Primary School, Hunters Hill
3. St Mary Catholic School, Erskineville,
4. Double Bay Public School, Double Bay
5. Bellevue Hill Public School, Bellevue Hill
6. Waverley Primary School, Waverley
7. Erskineville Public School, Erskineville
8. Birchgrove Public School, Balmain
9. The Mosman Art Gallery, Mosman,
10. DaVinci Education Hub, Five Dock,
11. 1st Balgowlah Scouts Hall, Balgowlah
12. Castle Hill Community Centre, Castle Hill
13. Burren Junction Public School, Burren Junction
14. Maroubra Junction Public School, Maroubra (NEW)
15. Waverley Library, Bondi Junction (NEW)
16. Granville Youth Centre, Granville NEW)
17. Neutral Bay Public School
18. Coogee Public School
19. Balmain Public School
20. Dulwich Hill Public School
Read all about Code4Fun in the story created by SBS HERE.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review