Connect with Family and Santa FREE with Telstra Payphones
- Wed Nov 29 - Sun Dec 24 2023
- All Ages
Telstra payphones are free for all calls within Australia, but from 24 November - 24 December 2023, Telstra is also opening up the lines to Santa's Workshop!
Children around Australia can connect to Santa for a Christmas chat just by dialing from a payphone. A special experience with Santa might help bring some extra joy and help everyone feel a bit more connected to the things they love this year.
You can call right up until Christmas Eve! That's when he starts to pack his sleigh for the big trip around the world to deliver all the gifts in time for Christmas morning, so he's understandably very busy.
How To Call Santa
Telstra has made it super easy for anyone to get in touch with the big man in red this year:
- Head to any Telstra payphone until December 24
- Dial # HO HO HO (#46 46 46) - and make sure you’re ready with a few questions for Santa, and to tell him what’s on your wish list!
- We’ll put them in direct contact with Santa’s switchboard – and then they can press 1 for Santa, 2 for Mrs Claus, or 3 for Santa’s friendly Elf.
- That’s it! Just make sure you know what’s on top of your gift list because Santa or his Friends will be eager to know.
You can find your closest payphone by using the Telstra payphone finder on Telstra.com or Google Maps. Santa’s elves have also helped liven up a special selection of payphones - use the festive payphone Google Map to see where your closest one is!
As an added extra, by checking in with Santa through one of Telstra’s payphones you can help teach kids how to locate and use one if they need to in the future.
There are 14,500 payphone across the country, which are free for all calls to standard numbers in Australia – so it’s a great resource for kids, especially during emergencies.
For more information, visit the Telstra website.
We encourage everyone to make sure they’re following up-to-date health advice when interacting with public surfaces.
Want More Christmas Cheer?
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!