Where To Find The Cheapest Movie Tickets In Melbourne
By the time you buy tickets for yourself and the kids, choc tops for everyone, popcorn, drinks - and don't forget parking! - a trip to the cinema can really put a dent in the family budget.
There's no need to despair, however - if you are savvy with the discounts on offer, you can take everyone to the movies with change to spare. Which one of these will be useful for you?
1. A member of NRMA? You save up to 35% off tickets (with no credit card or booking fee, yay!) to Event Cinemas when you purchase online.
2. The Telstra Thanks offer gives customers "access to $12.50 movie tickets, $15.50 for 3D or experience blockbusters in Vmax for $16.50 every day of the week, except public holidays, after 5pm on Saturdays and for Bollywood movies". Check which Victorian cinemas honour the tickets here.
3. With Optus? Optus Perks entitles you to discounts at Hoyts cinemas, kids tickets start at just nine bucks.
4. Discounted movie tickets are yours if you are an AGL member! You can save up to 40% off movie tickets when you purchase e-vouchers online for cinemas inlcuidng Hoyts, Event Cinemas, Palace Cinemas, Greater Union, bcc cinemas and Village Cinemas.
5. Are you a BUPA health fund member? You can get 25% off movie tickets when you book online from Event Cinemas, bcc Cinemas, Greater Union and Village Cinemas.
6. Some unions offer movie ticket discounts, including SDA - you can get movie tickets for as low as $10 per child, as well as discounts from Village Gold Class. You can even get popcorn and a drink at reduced rates! Check your union website for details.
7. Join a cinema rewards program! If you stay loyal to one cinema, the discounts are worth it. Hoyts Rewards gives you benefits such as a discounted 'movie of the week', pre-sale tickets on blockbusters and extra scoops of ice cream! You can also find programs at United Cinemas, Cinebuzz Rewards at Village Cinemas, Palace Cinemas, AMC and more.
8. School holiday specials: always call ahead and see if your cinema has any special offers during these times! They're often hoping to catch the school holiday crownd and it's worth checking out around that time to see what's on offer.
9. Tuesdays: check ahead if your cinema has a day or time slot of the week where tickets are cheap. In many cases, it's Tuesdays. Hoyts has Super Tuesday, Village Cinemas has Member Tuesday (see, that membership is handy!), Event Cinemas has Student Mondays for $8, and Palace Cinemas has Discount Tuesday.
Never pay full price again!
Image Credit: Event Cinemas
Reviews get lonely too
Be awesome and write a review