Welcome to Ukubebe! Ukubebe is a provider of quality programs – early childhood music, ukulele, drumming fun and yoga-dance, for children’s learning and wellbeing. Music classes offer learning experiences for children of all ages, and support the development of the whole child in a creative, musical environment, that is non-competitive and fun.
A series of weekly music classes for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and school aged children taking place at the Ukubebe venue in Randwick.
Ukubebe combines music learning with an educational philosophy, embracing the whole development of the child. Our approach is informed by the methodology of prominent world music educators Orff, Kodaly, Dalcroze and Suzuki.
The Ukubebe program is created for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and children up to 12 years of age, and we cater to the needs of each group. For babies there is a slower pace and multi-sensory experiences, for toddlers there’s plenty of action and spontaneous discoveries, and for preschool children, the development of social skills, humour, and extension. School aged classes are non-competitive, inclusive and nurture the whole child. Activities are designed to be fun, easy and create success.
There are some great programs and classes held each week in
– Early Childhood Music and Movement: ages 0-5 years, weekday mornings
– Ukulele group class: ages 5-12yrs, after school
– Kids Drum for Fun: ages 5-12yrs, after school
– Yoga/dance classes: Wednesday 3pm – mum & baby, Wednesday 4pm – 5-8yrs, Wednesday 4.45pm – 9-12yrs.
– Mum’s and baby yoga class (small babies – not mobile)
– African Drumming and Percussion Family Fun classes: all ages, Last Saturday in each month; $45 (family of 4); 10am & 11am
– African Drumming and Percussion Classes (40mins); ages 5-8yrs – Tuesday 4.40pm; ages 9-12yrs – Tuesday 5.20pm
Make sure you try the Family Classes – they are the best fun ever! Energizing, confidence boosting, and so much fun to play together, learning rhythms, Afrcain songs, and hand percussion.
During February Dance-Yoga class will run each Wednesday at Coogee Beach, Goldstein reserve, on the grass.
Ukubebe also have an uplifting collection of original children’s songs in its first album, ‘I Love to Play” by Joanne Steel. Capturing all the joy and fun families have when they sing and play together, ‘I Love to Play’ is an interactive album, inviting children to play along to the music with their own ukulele.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!