Seeds & Soil Learning Club is an after school club combining yoga, math and passport club with homework support to help kids connect to their own strengths in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs of Bondi and Randwick.
At the Seeds & Soil Learning Club, children will learn to become holistic thinkers and understand how to apply holistic principles to their daily life. Each individual child is unique and has within them the power to succeed- something mainstream educational systems often overlook.
During this journey the child will discover strategies to recognise their own particular way of thinking and learning. Integration of a range of practices will help to build organisational skills, focus and self esteem. This will form the foundation upon which the child can build future successes in learning and in life.
Seeds & Soil Learning Club utilises a combination of techniques, including: yoga , brain stimulation (through simple maths exercises) and a feature project to illuminate core strengths.
At Seeds & Soil Learning Club child will:
– Learn a wide range of techniques for problem-solving
– Effectively use different learning skills
– Effectively apply his knowledge to solving life-challenges
– Optimise his/her time, learn to plan and ask for help when needed
– Have an independent approach to assignments, exams, homework and projects with minimal dependency on parents or carers.
Classes will be conducted as an after school program for years 1-3 and years 4-6 in two separate groups in classes of up to 15 students. Classes will be structured to include:
– Individual strengths assessment
– Yoga practice
– Brain stimulation exercises using basic mathematics techniques
– ‘Passport Club’™ where students will learn about the world they live in (continents, countries, cities) in relation to their own unique environment.
– ‘Homework Club’- the students implement the methods/skills they are using in the class, on specific areas of difficulty in individual homework or assignments. (optional)
2 Eastern Suburbs Locations:
Bondi Pavilion – Queen Elizabeth Dr, Bondi Beach. Mondays & Thursdays 4-5.30pm with homework club option available 30 minutes before or after.
Randwick – 60 Clovelly Rd, Randwick. Tuesdays and Fridays 3.30-5pm.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!